False Party

The next day returning to school I try to avoid Gabriel. Something was up with him, the way he seemed to know so much.

"Karma!" I groan. He'd found me and so I turn around. Concern filled his face. "I couldn't find you anywhere last night." He says, licking his lips.

"I didn't feel to well." I say and look around the halls. Everyone was watching.

"I'm sorry for what I did. It was to soon and-"

"-I guess it was." I cut him off and turn to go. He grabs my arm and holds me in place.

"Would you like to come over to my place tonight?" His face only held a little hint of red and my face burned worse. The whole hall grew silent.

"I shouldn't." I stammer.

"Please, I need to talk to you." He says clearly hurt by my response.

"We already talked." I say and yank out of his hold. The hall gasps and I head to my next class.

Returning to my locker there is a note. I open it to find Gabriel's address. I go to the nurses where I report to being sick, them sending me home.

-

Gabriel's letter was in my hand as I walk to my room.

"What's that?" My dad asks from on my bed. I jump and drop it. He gets up and grabs it. "Explain yourself." He says angry now.

"It's just some guy-"

"-There are no guys with you Karma!" He rips the letter and lets the scraps fall to the ground. I clench my fists and hold his gaze.

"It's a party." I lie. "Everyone will be there." I begin talking faster. "It's the one chance I have to strike again, please." I beg. He pauses to think, watching me closely.

"And if you're lying?" He presses.

"Would I ever lie to you daddy?" I say, soothing him.

"This Gabriel has to go." He says and storms out. I drop to the ground to put the paper back together. Changing into a looser shirt I leave on my tight shorts and leave the home.

"Hello?" I ask as I knock on Gabriel's home. I knock again for until I hear footsteps. The door opens.

"And who are you?" An older women asks. I look behind her for Gabriel but don't see him.

"I'm-"

"Mum, this is my girlfriend Karma Allen." Gabriel suddenly appears.

"Friend." I correct instantly. The lady inspects me before allowing me to pass by.

"Leave the door open Gabriel, we've talked about girls coming over." I blush and follow Gabriel down the hall.

"Karma?" He asks as he opens his bedroom door. I enter.