Why Me

"Where'd you come from?" He asks. Almost instantly do I freeze, tripping over my feet. He catches me and holds me up. His gaze was hard on me.

"Didn't you hear me say that in class?" I murmur. He shakes his head.

"You never said it." He asks and holds me more firm. I gasp at his strength.

"Why does that matter?" I ask. He looks over me and lets me go.

"Just curious." He says and laughs. I force out a laugh to and rub my arm.

"Why am I here?" I ask as I watch him sit down on his bed. He raises an eyebrow and pats the bed beside him. I sit down about a foot away.

"Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?" He says straight to the point.

"I don't see why I wouldn't. Do you?" I return the question. He laughs with a head nod.

"So you believe in the devil?" He continues. I try to keep my breathing steady.

"I believe in the ruler of Hell, yes." I answer.

"Do you think he takes lives from innocents?" He leans in closer. I look him in the eyes, my eyes blank.

"No I do not. I think he takes those who have sinned." I couldn't lie to him, but I did.

"How about angels? Do you believe in them?"

"Yes," I say and lick my lips.

"Have you ever been kissed Karma?" He whispers now, looking down at my lips. I say nothing. "I bet you have, many times." I clench my jaw.

"What do you want from me?" I ask harshly.

"The truth." He says in a cold voice. I shiver. "And a kiss." He smirks. I open my mouth and shut it. He leans in and kisses me, his lips soft on mine, light. I can't stop myself from kissing him back. Before I can deepen the kiss, however, he pulls back. "Now do you have any questions for me?"

"What's your last name?" I ask. He laughs, a twisted smile on his lips.

"Bright." He says. "Gabriel Bright."

-

I leave his house and wander down the streets when I come across a homeless man. He was asking for money, his can shaking in his hands. I near him and drop a twenty inside of it. He smiles a thank you and reaches for my hand. I let him take it, before he lets go and falls to the ground, dead.