Long Ago

It wasn't much, but it would have to be enough. "So what are you running from amyways?" His voice cuts through my thoughts and I look to him, he watches me with a scowl on his face.

"Thing is, it's more of a person than a thing that I'm running from... It's what I'm running to that matters, right?" I force a small smile, but it soon drops, his face unchanging.

"How'd you get here... Karen?" I look down at the wood floor.

"I'm not sure anymore." I whisper. I've shut my eyes and covered my face, breathing deeper. "The only one with an answer may be my mom."

"Where is she, can't you stay with her?" I look at him dumbfound for a second, then shake my head no.

"She's in Hell, but I can't even return back there. There's a war going on and I'm to much of a danger, or something of the sort." I shrug. "What's your story though, how'd you know Samael?" He tenses.

"Not everyone was born to be bad, you know?" He had a sarcastic laugh roll off his tongue. "I used to know him, but you knew as much. It all started with, an angel?" He watches me for a reaction, I simply listen. "My father fell in love to one, and it's always looked on as a sin, but it was love, innocent and pure. Samael wasn't in the same shoes as I, but back when there was peace in this world, when I was very young, you could say we were friends." My mouth drops open some, and I'm speechless. "It seems I'm always to late." He says to himself, growing cold and fierce.

"Nathan, what's wrong, what did you mean?" He looks at me, glaring. I step back.

"I've done nothing, you deserve nothing!" He was ranting, clenching and unclenching his fists. Finally he turns and pounds down the hall. A door slams me into silence and I'm left staring at the house once more.