Break the Spell

"No one is leaving until this is settled." Samael makes clear.

I look around me, at all of them well hugging my body from the cold I felt, shivering. I don't remember it being this way, me being the vulnerable one. I feel weak.

"There has to be some other way." I say. I meant it for myself, but sure enough, it was heard aloud.

"What about your mother?" It was Nathan, he wore a weak smile, guilty. I nod my head.

"Do I have any time?" Each one of them shared glances.

"Go, but quickly!" This was Gabriel and I ran.

Soon I was warm and in my mothers cell.

-

"Mom?" She looked sick, didn't even lift her head to acknowledge my presence. "I need your help. Everything's gone wrong and I have to-"

"Darling, you're not a little girl anymore." She was whispering, almost muttering. "I wish I could have given you a better life, I wish I would have known that sly man was the Devil himself." She started sobbing and I wrapped my arms around her, she was ice. "It's up to you now to break the spell."

"What spell mom, I'm running out of time. They're all here." She finally looked at me and the brown color in her eyes has faded to nothing but clear, her eyes pure white.

"It is true, I died soon after giving birth to you but I tried to keep you safe from him. I tried everything, Gabriel, Nathaniel, even Samael. I was desperate, but somehow your father won and there was a force on you that made your true self blend in as anyone else. As far as any of them could sense, you were an ordinary girl.

"The force wasn't suppose to break until you were eighteen, but when it did, it was to late and everyone already suspected it was you. They were all tied to you, wanting you to themselves. It was them I asked to keep you safe, I granted them a place in heaven before I passed away. I should have known that I asked to much, and now only one can be granted that place and the rest will crumble." I was confused, but something inside me said that I knew what I had to do.

-

"How do I start?" I say when I rented the room. The guys have not moved, their postures tense.

"Come clean." This was Gabriel. "Only you know what's trapped inside, their sins that have burdened you and created this power to end a life. You must be free of them and forgiven."

"Karma don't listen to him! You belong here as my queen!" I looked at my dad.

"How can that be? I'm your daughter and you've hurt me." His face broke and he was crying, I held my breath. "I grew up contained here and I didn't have a choice, you made me call you 'daddy' and then... I was so young." I bit my lip as he lowered his head. His breath was skippy. I stepped away and turned.