Helpless

Samael.

"What did you do to him!" I cry. I was angry, racing to the bedside upon where I reach him.

"Calm down, your boyfriend is fine." He laughs. I tighten my fists. I ignore him.

"Why are you here?" I press through gritted teeth.

"For you of course." He says with a dazzling smile. When I don't budge, don't let my anger cease, he gets up and grabs my arms tightly. I cry out with a wince and he pulls me to him, his eyes murderous in my own. "You don't belong here." He says harshly in my face. I don't hinder.

"You have no right, nor possession over me!" I declare.

"That's where you're wrong Karma, my dear. Your dad is gone and for as long as this war drags out, he may never make it back to you." I turn my head, him turning it back to him.

"Let her go Samael!" Looking past me Samael's nostrils flair.

"Nathaniel." He greets in an unkindly manner. "Oh wait, you'll never be an angel." I was confused but I couldn't turn around to see the man behind me.

"I said, let her go!" The man hollers. With a shove I am pushed back, the guy catching me. I look at him, unsure and it all makes sense now.

"Nathan?" I ask. He lets me go and pushes me behind him.

"What do you want with the girl anyways?" Nathan asks, his hood casting a shadow over his face.

"So you've met Nathan, my belle?" Samael chuckles to himself. "But he has no idea of who you really are. This ought to be interesting." I step back, nearing the door.

"Why are you here?" I ask Nathan. He doesn't turn to face me as he speaks.

"I followed you." He says with a mock laughter in his voice. "For a pretty girl like you, who knows what trouble you could have got into."

"I can take-"

"-Karma is capable of ending one's life with a singular touch of the hand. I wouldn't underestimate her because she is, afterall, the Devil's daughter." Samael held a cocky smirk on his lips as Nathan turned so he could see both Samael and I. His face, what was visible, was more pale.

"Anna," He murmurs with eyes lowered. "Stay away from me." He says in a deep, low voice.

"Nathan-"

"Karma, we have business on our hands and we have no time to waste." Samael pushes past Nathan who flies forward, lightweight. I give him a helpless look before he is gone and we are back in Samael's home, his anger towering over me. "My naughty girl." He says with a twirl of my hair between his fingers.