1- You're Gonna Love It Here

Jayden

Sometimes I miss being a child. Where dreams weren't just dreams, they were goals that were once achievable in our minds. Sometimes I wish I didn't know the things I know now that are stoping me from achieving my dreams. Chances are that you reach that one point in your life where you're more of a pessimist than a optimist when it comes to chasing after something you want, but there was once a time when none of that mattered. When you were a kid and you heard someone tell you "no" and it didn't actually mean no. It meant find another way. If you wanted to be the president and someone said "I'm sorry kid, but the chances of that happening are almost impossible" you didn't just say "Okay" and change your dream. No, you laughed and kept on believing that one day you will be a president or a astronaut or a Olympic athlete.

But as you get older your dreams become fantasy's. Reality sets in and you learn that maybe you'll be a business woman or a police officer. Maybe a nice barista, they always seem happy. But there are a few special kids who get to chase their dreams, they stick out from the others who let their dreams go from the beginning. That kid who is scoring like ten touch downs in little league, obviously that kid is going places. Their dreams don't change to reality, their dreams become a reality.

Growing up I had one best friend. I didn't get along with girls that often, I had three older sisters after all, and the only kid who would deal with them to hang out with me was this little boy who lived next door. He was two years older than me and for some reason latched onto me, poor guy. I was a grade ahead so I was with him all the way up until I was a junior in high school. The first sixteen years of my life he was always there with me, for me, giving advice and always getting into trouble. I couldn't imagine walking this earth with anyone else. He's been with me my whole life, I mean recently he hasn't been with me physically but I know he's always just a phone call away.

When he got older he wanted to play professional baseball and damn it, he was going to do it. He played other sports like hockey and football, but baseball was his thing. I grew up next to him from the time we were born to the time we graduated from high school. My parents were basically his and his parents were basically mine. They took me to some of his baseball tournaments and him and his family came to my recitals and such. We always seemed to stick together and he quickly became the older brother I never had and I was the little sister he always wanted. And when he went into the MLB draft to chase after those childhood dreams I went off to chase my dreams too.

My best friend you ask, well he is no one other than Anthony Vincent Rizzo. A big and loud Italian dude who is probably the nicest person you will ever meet. I mean he's amazing, we kind of grew up together and we never grew apart. He's always looking out for me even though I stayed home in Florida to go to college and he was in Boston and San Diego for a while. But when he got cancer I stayed with him for a month or two while he got treatment, it was hard but I wanted so bad to be there. Nothing could keep me away from him until I knew he was better. And he did get better thankfully. We were never more than friends, not that he isn't cute or anything. He just isn't my type. But we went to prom together my senior year and I basically grew up with the dude. I went to his games and always gave him a hard time when he sucked at the plate, as any good friend does. But he knows I was, and always will be, his biggest fan.

And just like I support his dreams he is supporting mine too. While he was the jock growing up I was the artist. I was in all the plays and choir concerts and he was always in the front row cheering for me like I just hit a walk off home run. It's a bit embarrassing, but I did the same thing at his games so I couldn't complain.

And since he is the greatest person ever and I can get him to do anything for me, he agreed to let me stay with him in Chicago while I found some place to sing or make music in the city. Florida didn't have what I needed to follow my dreams and I knew Chicago would, so he offered for me to stay at his place. My parents weren't too happy about it but they trusted Anthony, the only reason they let me go was because he promised to take care of me.