16- Drunk Words, Sober Thoughts

Kris

It's been over two months since I got called up and the game was just about what I was expecting. A little bit better pitching than down in the minors and I have to hit the balls lot farther, but nothing I can't handle. And I was doing pretty good for myself. They were doing voting for the all star game next month and right now Anthony and I were in first place in our respective fields. When you have a famous singing friend who tweets out to her 7.4 million followers to vote for us, that helps too.

It's the end of June now and a lot of things were happening. Jayden was wrapping up recording her album and was starting to shoot a few music videos. The team was doing good but we were still pretty young, so we were figuring it out. But life was good, and although good is nice, great is even better.

While Jayden and I can live our life's side by side perfectly fine acting like we're okay with how things are between us, sometimes it's not enough. There's always this feeling that this is good but we can be even better together. I hope one day soon we can find that out.

As for today, it was Jayden's birthday. She was turning 25 and insisted on having a get together. Not so much of a birthday party because believe it or not, she hated this type of attention. But she did want to see some of her favorite people in the city.

After a afternoon game we all change and decide to meet up at a bar. Anthony of course heads down extra early to start drinking. If I'm ever worried about something I should just get him drunk, then he turns into the nicest person in the world.

I change into jeans and a black t-shirt to keep it simple. I wait out in the living room for the birthday girl.

Eventually she comes out in a short black dress with sheer cut outs. Her light brown hair curled and her perfect lips painted red. She does a little spin and I swallow hard.

"Anthony is going to choke when he sees you wearing that" I admit

"Unless..." she trails off. "I sent him ahead of us so he will be drunk and won't care" she explains and I smirk.

"You're a evil little thing" I laugh.

"Anthony's a game, you gotta know how to play it" she claims. Fair enough.

We head over to the little bar downtown and they let us in. We rented the place out and wanted it to be more intimate than a regular bar but cheaper than a restaurant.

There was a cake with a picture of her on the front. It was her at the bean jumping in front of it, looking as adorable as ever. It said "congratulations on your birth" on it and I instantly regretted letting Anthony plan the cake.

Jayden takes a picture of the cake before they put 24 candles in it. We sing to her and she closes her eyes before blowing out the candles. They cut the cake and pass it out. Jayden goes to say hi to everyone and I sit in a booth with Anthony and David Ross. Those are the usual suspects I hang out with and even though they both were a few drinks in, they were still fun to be around.