39- In The Knick Of Time

Kris

It was about time for the first show of the new year and we were feeling good. Well Jayden was feeling a little bit odd but nothing she couldn't handle. We were going to fly out of New York and over to Japan to start the Asian leg of the tour.

So we pack up our things from our hotel room and head down to the lobby to check out. I sit on the couches going through my phone to pass time but I hear a large crash causing me to drop my phone.

"Oh my god! Somebody call 911!"

I turn around in a panic but I didn't see anything at first. Then there's a bunch of people either running away or running towards someone laying in front of the checkout desk.

I get up from my seat but that's as far as I can make it. I look through the piles of people trying to help out and I see Jayden laying on the ground.

Shock took over me as I dart to be by her side. I push people out of the way but immediately regret my decision. Jayden was hunched over on her side spitting up blood letting out a scream when she can. It was absolutely terrifying to see and it shook me to my core.

"What the hell is going on" I yell to anybody who would have some answers.

"No one knows. She was fine one second then doing this the next" someone frantically tells me. I try to help her up but as soon as I grab her sides she starts to scream again. Blood comes pouring out her mouth and I realize that whatever this is... it is really bad.

"Move out the way! Out of the way" someone screams as a wave of paramedics come in. They try to push me to the side but I don't budge.

"I'm her boyfriend! I came here with her and I'm not leaving here without her" I demand. The medic looks me in the eyes but let out a sigh.

"Fine" he snaps before going to tend to Jayden.

They surround her as they try to figure out what's happening.

"How did this happen" the guy asks me.

"I don't know. She was complaining about abdominal pain about a week ago but the doctors couldn't find anything and the pain subsided until this morning. Then she collapsed when she as checking out" I explain.

"Dispatch, we're going to need a emergency helicopter at the Crowne Plaza in time square immediately" he say and my heart stops.

"Why? What's happening" I ask.

"I'm not a hundred percent sure but if what you said is true and she's doing this right now I have good reason to believe that her appendix exploded inside of her and if I'm right... she very well could die if we don't get her proper treatment immediately" he explains.

My whole entire world stops, because she was my entire world. With each passing second I was losing her and I didn't want that to happen. So my world stopped and I was stuck there watching her die with no way of helping her.

I looked down at my mostly unconscious girlfriend laying on her side on a stretcher so she doesn't choke on the blood that she was throwing up. The doctors trying everything they can to keep her awake and in less pain. But it wasn't working, she knew it, they knew it, I knew it. And I was left there helpless. No way to make her feel better like she does for me literally all the time. No way to take her pain away even though that is all I wanted to do. I was stuck in this atrocious moment and I didn't know what to do.