24- Late Night Thoughts

Jayden

After we celebrate Anthony's birthday with a little party at Wrigley life started coming fast. My album was going to be out in less than two weeks and let me tell you, I was nervous. They started making physical copies and get them to some stores all over the world. Almost a million people already pre ordered them from iTunes and amazon and I'm not going to lie, I was beyond excited.

And to prepare for the album coming out I had a media tour in New York and I actually have never been here before. So I was about to once again be wondering a big city by myself. Well not technically. Anthony insisted I got a body guard and Tyler agreed with him. So now I have a big guy who follows me around to make sure nothing funny happens.

"Alright Manny, what do you say to a stroll around the city" I ask as we chill in the hotel room.

"Whatever you would like Ms. Daniels" he says monotone and I frown.

"Please don't call me that, it makes me sound old and crotchety" I say and he finally lets out a smile. "Call me Jayden or Jay or JJ" I insist and he nods.

"Alright, Jayden, where to first" he asks.

"Let's go to time square so I can act like I'm in a broadway show even though I'm not" I say and he nods. We head out and I try my best to lay low but it's hard with a wwe wrestler following you around.

"So Manny, tell me, have you ever had to punch someone" I ask as we walk around.

"Not yet, but the day is still young" he claims and I laugh.

"You're kinda funny. You should talk more" I admit.

"I'm not here to talk. I'm here to protect you" he insists.

"I don't feel safe with someone without a sense of humor" I tease and he cracks a smile. "There's a smile" I say nudging his side.

"You know, you're a pretty cool girl" he claims.

"I try to be" I admit.

We get into the city with no problems. Then we head to the strip where I would be giving interviews and stuff like that and we run into some issues. I was able to take a few pictures with fans and sign a few things before Manny whisked me away.

I give some interviews about the album and how I got here. Well the cheap version of it at least. Finally I get to the fun part and get to go on the Tonight Show with jimmy Fallon.

I pull on a sparkly red dress and get my hair and makeup done. I take a few selfies and send them to Kris once he asked for some. I wait for my turn and I finally get called out there.

"Thank you for joining us" Jimmy says pulling me into a hug.

"Thanks for having me, it's nice to get out of the apartment" I admit.

"That's right. You live with two professional baseball players in Chicago" he nods.

"Unfortunately" I mumble.

"How do you like the living situation" he wonders.

"It's really not that bad. I practically grew up with Anthony so there's nothing he can throw my way that I can't handle. He's tried pranking me multiple times but it never works" I insist.

"And who's the other one you live with" he wonders.

"Kris Bryant" I say and he nods.

"Ah. The aforementioned sexiest man to ever play the game of baseball" he claims.

"Watch it mister... that's my boyfriend you're talking about" I tease and he holds his hands up.

"Fair enough" he laughs.

"So tell the world, who are you? What is it that makes your music so heartfelt and touching" he asks.

"It's simple really. I just mean what I say. When Stay came out people didn't know anything about me. I had been in the music business for about two weeks before we dropped that song. And that song was a manifestation of who I was at that time, and people knew that without even knowing who I am. Music is beautiful in the way that it can bring out feelings that you never knew you had. I use my voice and my knowledge to do what I always believed to be possible with a song, and that is to get this world feeling again" I explain.

"Well I cried when I listen to your songs and I mean that in the best way possible. A lot of pretty and talented people have come through this business, but you're different" he claims.

"I hope that is a good thing" I admit.

"It is. It's a really good thing. I very much like different and apparently so do a lot of other people. Does it feel weird that at the beginning of this year you were back at school in Florida and now you have eight million followers on twitter and Seventeen million on instagram. People are calling you the goddess of soul and savior of music. Did you ever expect to get here this fast" he asks.

"Never. I never had a goal in mind because that's setting a limit and to me, there is no limit as to what music can do. At the same time I never thought people would attach to me like this. I want to give them someone who they can relate to. Someone who is real and isn't afraid of owning up to their mistakes. I'm not perfect, I wake up with my hair a mess and I say the wrong things sometimes. But I'm trying. I want my fans to be able to connect to me, not to be like me. Every person is special and beautiful in their own way, and if they're all trying to be like me it loses some of the authenticity. I think it's awesome that so many people look up to me, I hope I can be whatever they need in their life" I insist.

"Well you are the sweetest little thing ever" he says.

"I get that a lot" I admit.

"So when you're not doing music where would we find you" he questions.

"Upside down on my couch honestly" I reply and he lets out a laugh.

"I was not expecting that" he snickers.

"I'm unusual, thats for sure. And there's never a moment in that apartment where there is not something happening. I mean we're all extremely fun and extremely competitive so I gotta hold my own" I defend.

"Who is the loudest?"

"Easily Anthony. The dude is like a human blow horn."

"Who's the cleanest?"

"We're all pretty clean. But Kris has this knack for detail that gives him the edge."

"When you go to Cub games do you wear Kris' jersey or Anthony's" he asks.

"That's a hard one. If I leave before or with Anthony I wear his, but when I don't see him before he leaves it's Kris" I explain.

"Does Anthony ever get jealous of Kris" he asks.

"All the time. He wouldn't even let us date for three months because he was being all high and mighty and wanted to protect me. He means well, I'm like a little sister to him. The thought of me falling in love with one of his best friends was scary. But he finally realized that some things are meant to be, and the best things to do is let it all go... see what stays" I shrug.

"How long have you loved Kris before you got together" he questions.

"I'm not sure. There's never a moment when you fall is love. It's a process, you don't just wake up in love with a guy who not too long ago was a stranger. But love is a beautiful journey, not a destination. I think I have always loved Kris, there's a lot about him to love. And from the first day he has treated me like I was important to him, it was only a matter of time before we found one another" I insist.

"Well I'm happy for you guys and I'm excited to hear all the stories you have to tell us. Your album comes out on the 21st and it features 12 songs all made by you and sung by you. I can't wait to hear it and I wish you all the best. Thank you for coming and I hope to see you soon" he says.

"Thanks for having me" I smile.