44- Never Gonna Hurt You

Kris

"Okay, I think this is the last box" I announce setting my things down.

"Alright, I think you're all set" Anthony nods as he closes the door behind him.

"Great. Thank you so much, I owe you one" I admit.

"Not at all. You've already done so much for me" he claims.

"Like what" I ask.

"Life isn't about quantity, but rather quality. You make the quality of my life so much better" he insists.

"You've been talking to Jayden a lot, haven't you" I ask.

"That noticeable huh" he smirks.

"A little" I admit.

After a month and a dime at the hospital in New York they finally released her. It took us a while to get all the gifts from the hospital to Chicago but by the beginning of February everything and everyone made it to Chicago safely.

Anthony makes sure we were all set and Jayden was fine before he left. She was feeling tired so I left her to sleep on the couch and I put the boxes where they needed to go.

I walk past Jayden on the couch a few times and I make extra sure I don't wake her.

Finally I was done sorting boxes and decided that was enough for right now. I head to the living room to see Jayden sleeping peacefully, I can get used to this.

I go over and sit beside her on the floor. There's a lot of open space in here but it could be because it's not filled with a loud Italian man.

I watch her as she sleeps peacefully, no worries about someone hurting her or tabloids telling her what she should do. She could dream up of anything and it could come true, and I hope I am a part of it.

I run my hand through her impossibly soft hair and her lips pull a little tighter as she continues to sleep. I softly massage her head and try to keep from waking her. Her long eyes lashes stay shut as her perfect lips rests in a smile. I take the time to admire how beautiful this woman was and thank god that she was just as beautiful as what I saw on the inside.

She starts to stir and I kinda felt bad.

"Did I wake you" I ask.

"Nope" she smiles. Her bright amber eyes stare at me as my blue ones stare back at her. She grabs my hand from by hair and laces her fingers through them. It was still cold outside but it was pretty warm in here. The heat from our bodies keeping each other warm.

"Did you have a good nap" I ask.

"Yeah, thanks for letting me sleep while we move."

"Well I moved the boxes. I didn't unpack because I need you to tell me where things go. I just can't see things like you do" I admit.

"Yeah, you wanna do that right now" she asks.

"Nope" I reply.

"No" she asks.

"No. I like this" I admit.

"I do too" she smiles.

We sit there and talk for a little. Now that she has a sense of the place she was shooting out ideas of what to do to the living room and our room and the spare room. I listen to her ideas and vision for the rooms and love what I'm hearing. I didn't know she was so into interior design but I guess she took a class on it in college.

After a while she gets up and she breaks in the new kitchen. There was a surround sound stereo in there and she absolutely loved that. She plays music softly as she cooks whatever her heart desired.