17- To Find What I Found In You

Jayden

I wake up the morning of July first not really remembering how June ended. The last thing I remember was a few of the wives of the guys on Anthony's team giving me beer. I know there was a few reasons I never wanted to never drink, and this morning was one of them.

I roll out of bed and straight to the bathroom and look into the mirror, yikes. I wipe off my face full of makeup and comb through my hair. I pull it into pigtail braids and brush my teeth about twelve times.

I walk out of the bathroom and into the kitchen praying some coffee can save me. I grab my coffee mug and was about to fill it until I see something in my cup. I pull out a crumpled piece of paper and un-crumple it.

"Dear Jayden,
I was going to give you your birthday present last night but you were a little out of it. If you would like, it is in the living room by your spot on the couch. You can open it and use it whenever you want.
-Kris"

I quickly grab some coffee in the hopes of saving myself before going into the living room. I head to the couch but stop as soon as my bare feet hit the rug we have in the living room. On the couch was a guitar case with a pink bow and my name on it. I sit on the couch and set my coffee on the door table. I bring the leather case into my lap and smile big.

I open up the case and let out a little gasp. There sat a beautiful acoustic guitar. It was all wooden and it was from Florida, just like me. On the front was the words "some people search their whole lives to find what I found in you" on it.

I take the guitar out of its case and tune it to where it should be. I start to play it and it sounded amazing.

"I see you're feeling better" a voice says and I turn around. I see Kris with a cup of coffee in his hand and I smile up at him.

"Yeah. Let's just say that was a painful reminder as to why I never wanted to drink" I laugh.

"Do you like your present" he asks sitting down next to me.

"It's beautiful. I love it so much, thank you" I say.

"It's a present to me too, I get to listen to you play it" he smirks and I giggle.

"When I start touring I'm going to use this one. It's a lot nicer than that old one I was using" I admit. "What does this mean" I wonder tracing my finger over the engraving.

"That? It's kind of a realization I came to. I realized that no matter what happens between us, you will always mean something to me. You are unlike anything I have ever seen before. What I see in you is what people cannot fathom. What people dream about being able to achieve, and I've seen it in you since day one.

You're somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody. You're ideals and ideas are one in a billion, I'm not sure how you come up with this stuff sometimes. And you have a gift, something people will beg for, and you don't abuse it or use it against people. You're telling your story and forcing people to feel again. I know you've got me wrapped around your finger" he claims.

"I do not" I blush.

"You definitely do. Try me" he challenges.

"Okay... sing a song about me" I smirk and he laughs. He nods before setting his coffee down and turning to me.

I start to play some simple chords and he moves his head to the beat. He rocks back and fourth and I try not to laugh.

"oh yeah

Jayden Jay you make me insane
Every second you're stuck on my brain
Ever since I met you I haven't been the same
When you're not around it feels like rain" he sings off key and off beat. I stop playing to try and stop the laughter but it comes anyway.

"Was it that bad" he asks and I shake my head.

"Ill have to admit, I'm impressed" I nod.

"Well I listen to you a lot so I'm glad something good came of it" he claims.

We spend the rest of the morning chilling on the couch. I play some music and just talk with Kris.

About 2 in the afternoon Anthony comes strolling out of his room. He drags his feet behind him before falling on the other side of the couch. He lets out a loud groan and I laugh.

"There's my ray of sunshine" I tease and he lifts his head to glare at me.

"Why are you yelling" he asks and I laugh.

"I'm not" I insist and he buries his face in the couch again.

"You know we have to be at Wrigley in like 2 hours right" Kris reminds him as he continues to groan into the couch.

"JJ, can you play for me" he asks and I scoff.

"Play this guitar? Yeah. Play baseball? Hell no" I insist.

"I'm so nauseous" he claims.

"Drink some gatorade" I suggest and he sighs. He rolls off the couch and drags his feet to the kitchen.

"Is he going to be able to play today" Kris asks. 

"Oh yeah. He'll be fine" I assure him.

I get Anthony going and we all head over to the ball park. I walk around in the peace and quiet by myself before everyone gets here. I look at the merch tables and concessions before finding my seat. I sit there and watch the boys participate in batting practice. I enjoy the sounds of a ball hitting a bat and sailing either into the bleachers or over them. With the amount of times I've followed Anthony around to games you would think I would be tired of coming to them, but I'm really not. Especially being here at Wrigley, it's pretty awesome.