65- The Suitcase

Jayden

As the World Series starts things around town start to change. I saw this place back in 2015 when the Blackhawks won the cup, what something like that can do for a city.

But it was almost like the city was already celebrating. There was flags and banners and blue everywhere. You would think this city is divided with there being two professional baseball teams here but it really isn't. And the fans weren't just here in Chicago, a lot of times the whole state of Illinois is split between the cubs and cards mostly, but the whole state seems to have cubs fever. Things are flying off the shelf and it was really fun to be a part of.

In one of the few off days I grab Manny and we go outfit shopping for the tour. I wasn't planning on buying new clothes, but my pregnant ass is not going to fit in what I wore last tour.

So we go shopping and as much as Manny wants to act like he hates it, he loves it.

I take some pictures with some fans and talk to them for a little. I don't leave the house much anymore so I figure I should really talk to some fans considering this doesn't happen a whole lot.

After a little I go down to the serious XM radio station to talk a little about the album and some music videos and the Cubs.

I get there and find my seat across from the DJ. They tell me what's going to happen and I try to retain everything even though I was just thinking about food honestly.

"So Jayden, tell us about your new album. It has a different feel to it but it's still the same sound and emotions as the first one" the guy starts.

"This one was a little more difficult because I was as free as a bird the first time around and I wanted this album to be a extension of the last but still it's own thing, so it was hard. But I'm really happy with how it turned out. I love all the songs in there and they turned out better than I expected" I admit.

"What's your favorite song on there" he questions.

"Oh that's hard. All those songs mean something different to me but they all mean the world to me. I would have to say Now and Forever is my favorite though. That one was one I actually had to sit down and think out. Usually the lyrics come pouring out of me but that wasn't the case with this one. But it turned out pretty nice" I explain.

"A few of your songs has already found its way into the radio airwaves over the country. And usually the radio doesn't like to play the heartfelt songs but yours always does great with the public, why do you think that is" he wonders.

"I like to believe that everyone is in touch with their emotions even if they don't know it. If someone is listening to my music and feels something then maybe there's something there that they didn't know about. You don't have to connect to my song to enjoy them but you most certainly have to listen to what I'm saying in order to feel what I'm feeling."

"Well I for one love playing your music and never seem to find issues playing it because if it's not already in the cue then someone's requesting it" he says and I smile.

"Thank you so much" I nod.

"So how many weeks along are you" he wonders.

"Somewhere around 24 or 25 weeks. I'm more into counting down now because that's a lot shorter" I laugh.

"You've been a pretty busy woman getting ready for the baby and your music and your boyfriend being in the playoffs up here" he notices.

"There's never a dull day around here. We just got back from the first two games in Cleveland and we're here for three more game before we head back if needed. Who knows" I shrug.

"Are you excited? I know you're not from here but your boyfriend is on that team" he says.

"I'm elated. I grew up watching Anthony play at all levels, little league and school and club and minor league. To see him here now is so surreal, looking back at all he went through to get here. It's really humbling to see him on the big stage and how he is using this to be not only a great player but a great person too. And Kris is such a amazing guy, I couldn't say enough great things about him. He is the sweetest and smartest guy I know, I love him so much and I love watching him play out there. How things are unfolding, it just seems so right. So to say that I'm excited for these games is a understatement. But I think I'm singing the national anthem at tomorrow nights game. I'm pretty sure am, it would help if I knew what day it is" I laugh.

"Well that all sounds exciting. Congratulations on your new album and all the success you're finding. Good luck with your tour and you child and your team" he smiles.

"Thanks for having me" I nod.

I say goodbye to everyone there who was listening and find Manny in the front room playing sudoku. I grab him and head home to start packing for the tour.

When I get to the apartment I see Kris was gone. I grab some kibble for Jay and feed him before going into our room so I could pack.

I get in and turn on the lights and go to the closet. When I get there I can't find my suitcase which is weird because I swore I just got it down. I look throughout the room and I couldn't seem to find it. I'm not sure where I would have put it but with my scattered brain who knows.

I decide to call Kris because he was organized and usually helped me when I was being stupid like this.

"Hey baby, what's up" he wonders.

"Hey. Do you know what I did with my suitcase" I ask.

"You mean the suitcase sitting in the kitchen" he asks.

"Why is it in the kitchen" I laugh as I walk out there.

"You were trying to see how much food you could sneak in there this morning" he says.

"Well that sounds like me" I admit. I get in the kitchen and low and behold it was sitting on the table. "Thanks for helping me out when I'm being a mess" I laugh.

"Of course. I'll be home in a little, this team meeting turned down the wrong road a long time ago but we should be wrapping up" he says.

"Alright. Tell the boys I say hi" I say.

"Hey guys! Jayden says hi" he yells and I roll my eyes. I didn't mean right now but whatever. I hear them all yell hi back and that made me smile.

"Well I'll let you go. Have fun, come home soon" I say.

"I will. I love you" he says.

"I love you too."

I hang up the call and carry my suitcase back into the bedroom. I was half tempted to make my sister come over and do this for me but she was probably busy so I let her be. I go to put some of my clothes in there but there was a piece of paper in it. I pull it out and couldn't help the smile from coming on my face.

"Dear Jay,
I know you're stressed about having to find new clothes for the tour and eventually growing out of those too, but I wanted to tell you you look amazing no matter what. I'm so proud of you for doing this while being pregnant and all this with the team. You're so strong and I admire you for all that you do. Remember that you are so beautiful and I love you no matter what.
-yours truly, Kris."