20- Everything I Ever Wanted

Jayden

I sit in my bedroom looking through some lyrics. My guitar sits beside me as I try and sort out my thoughts.

Ever since we got back from the all star game I've kept to myself. It's only been a few days and I spent a lot of time in the studio going over tracks. Tyler had set up some more interviews and performances and stuff for me so we wanted to talk about which song to do. We released For The First Time which is one of my favorites along with the music video. It was just me singing it live in the studio with Simone on the piano and me on the guitar. It was simple but I loved that song.

And it's been doing pretty good. Nothing like Stay did, but that song went multi-platinum so I wasn't expecting that. Plus it's been like four days since that song came out and the radio is still playing the shit out of Stay so I was going to be patient with this song.

My blinds stay shut like they have since I got back. I was in a little funk since the allstar game and the two people I would love to talk to about it I can't. I talked to my sister and she just said to give it time but as time goes on I feel worse. I kinda just want this all to be over.

"How are you reading those with all the lights off and the blinds closed" a voice says. I turn to my door and see Anthony leaning on it.

"Didn't you know, I have night vision" I smirk.

"I knew you were awesome, but not that awesome" he teases. "Can I talk to you" he asks and I sigh.

"Are you going to make me sad? Because I don't know how much more heartache I can't take" I admit.

"I'm not going to make you sad. At least I hope I won't" he claims sitting next to me. He moved the guitar to the side and turns to me.

"I wanted to say that... I'm sorry" he says and I raise a eyebrow.

"I've known you my whole life and you have never said I'm sorry before" I laugh.

"I've never been wrong before" he claims and I lightly push his side.

"I'm serious. What made you apologize" I wonder.

"Honestly... my mom" he says and I laugh. "She gave me a harsh talking to once she figured out what happened. Why you were at breakfast with them and I wasn't. Why you were staying with Kris and stuff. She yelled at me for a hour" he claims and I smile.

"I always did love your mom" I smirk and he rolls his eyes.

"She made me realize that I wasn't just wrong, I was really wrong. You guys can't control your emotions and I can't control them either. If you guys like each other than you should be together" he says.

"But why? Why did it take you so long to realize that" I wonder.

"Because I'm selfish and I didn't want to share you" he claims.

"I am pretty cool" I tease.

"I'm serious Jay. I just got you back after spending a few years apart and I wasn't in the mood to let you go again. I had waited years to have you back in my life so we can take over the world together but I thought if Kris was in the equation it would be him and you taking over the world and not us" he explains.

"No offense but that is the most idiotic shit I have ever heard" I insist.

"How in the world would I take offense from that..." he scoffs.

"Anthony... it's always going to be you and me. It was you and me tearing it up at prom, it was you and me giving teachers nightmares in high school, and it will be you and me until one of us eventually does something stupid and dies" I assure him and he laughs.

"Well I'm a big idiot and decided to be a prick instead of talking to you" he claims.

"Do you really not want me with Kris" I ask.

"Not at all. I know that if you were to be with any guy it should be him" he insists.

"Then you wouldn't be mad if we got together" I wonder.

"Nope. I would actually be really happy knowing you two are happy" he claims.

"Where was this three months ago" I whine.

"Being beat up by my really mean alter ego" he claims and I laugh.

"We'll make sure he never comes back" I say.

"I'll do my best" he smirks. "So are you gonna go out and get your man" he asks with a hint of flare in his voice causing me to giggle.

"I don't know. That's a whole another issue" I sigh.

"Tell me about it" he pries.

"Well I've spent a lot of time in my room and at the studio so I wouldn't have to be out there. Part of that was because you were being a ass and I wanted to punch your stupid face. And another reason because something happened with Kris" I say biting my lip.

"What did he do?!? See, I told you he was no good for you" he claims and I gasp.

"You just said I should be with him" I pout.

"Well that was before I knew he hurt you" he argues.

"He didn't hurt me Anthony" I sigh and he stands down.

"Then what happened" he asks.

"We were walking around the park in Ohio before the home run derby and we decided to take a break in a gazebo. We were talking and I ended up right next to him like I usually do. But this time you weren't there to separate us so we kissed" I say.

"Okay. I don't get what is so bad about this" he admits.

"And when we kissed, it was then that I realized that I love him" I say and he freezes. He looks into my eyes and I honestly felt like cry.

"What did you just say" he asks.

"I love him. And it scared me because when we kissed I could no longer deny it. I know he felt it too. I didn't mean to but I freaked out" I explain.

"Why though" he asks.

"I don't know. That kiss was everything I ever wanted. It answered so many questions I had like what he means to me and what I felt for him. But now I have new questions like is my love enough for him and-" I ramble.

"Okay... now you're being a idiot" he claims. "You can't just run away now that you know you love him. Go get him" he insist.

"It's not that easy. I really love him Anthony, more than I can say with words. Then we said it with a kiss and now I'm scared" I admit.

"Remember when I almost didn't try out for the high school baseball team because I didn't think I would make it" he asks.

"Yeah. I promised to try out with you if you did" I laugh.

"That's right. And although you didn't make the team, I wouldn't have made it either if it wasn't for you. You told me I had to at least try before I said I couldn't make the team. The same thing applies here" he says.

"I'm not trying out for a baseball team, I'm falling in love. It's different" I insist.

"That's where you're wrong Jay" he says patting my leg. I look up into his eyes and let out a sigh.

"You're right" I mumble.

"I know" he claims and I push him onto my bed. "Okay okay, I get it" he laughs sitting back up.

"Promise me you'll try" he asks.

"I promise."