69- New Favorite Moment

Jayden

I stand at the alter in the warmth of the indoors on this cold winter day. My hands rest in Kris' providing another source of heat that spread throughout my body. 2017 was proving to freezing cold but it was warm in here with all the love in the air.

Kris and I's path to this moment wasn't a easy one. But man, is it something beautiful. The other day Kris and I were looking back at our time together and realized that we have been through some shit. But the hardship is what makes moments like this all the more sweeter. Knowing that life can throw whatever it wants at us and we take it head on and win.

After the parade and all that other fun stuff in 2016 things calmed down a little, well, as much as it can in our life at least. We got some time to rest before spending the rest of November and parts of December traveling parts of Asia to finish off my Heart Wide Open tour. I really really wanted to do that and it meant the world to mean that I got to perform there. It lived up to the expectations of the demands that I went there and the hype of having to wait a year to do so. Everyone was so nice and they told me they were happy I was healthy again. Lord knows if I could have I would have pushed through it to go there, but I couldn't in the state I was in. I'm just happy I could give them all of me.

Late in December of that year, two days after Christmas, my water broke. I went into labor that night and had our baby boy early in the morning hours. He was a healthy little guy with bright brown eyes. He was a loud little thing but I love him so much. Kris cried for like a hour when he got to hold him. He apologized because meeting me was now the second best day of his life, and I couldn't complain much because it was mine too.

I did a few shows in the US in janurary of this year. Already doing a lot better than I did to start the year before. Then came spring training and it was back to being a mom slash fiancé. I didn't song write as much as I usually did but it was still enough to write two whole albums. I released this new chapter of my life in August around Anthony's birthday. That was my present to him.

Pretty soon after that we bought a house in wrigleyville. We figured we should have a place where Jay could run wild and we can raise our son a little bit better. So we got a nice two story house by the field so we can just take the stroller to games.

The Cubs ended this season in the NLCA. Wasn't too bad considering how they started so off. But doubt fuels this team, like a flame to a candle. People love to doubt them, almost as much as they love to prove them wrong. Unfortunately the dodgers ended their chances of repeating as champs in five games and they went on to lose to the astros in a much less epic game seven than ours a year before.

And for the first time in our relationship we took a actual break. Like we didn't leave the house for weeks at a time. Poor Manny didn't know what to do with himself, so we invited him over to hang out with us while we were on hiatus. He babysat sometimes when we wanted to go out or he would come over and play video games with Kris like the good old times. It really depends.

And that leads us to now. A snowy December day here in the Windy City. Little Jacob sits in the front row with Kris' parents as he tries to get away and latch on to my leg. I won't lie, I spoil the hell out of that kid but I can't help it. He has Kris' smile.

I look across the alter and see Kris staring at me. The same way he has for three years now. With so much love and admiration, it never gets old.

He removes my vail and my smile grows wider. He slowly pulls me into a deep kiss and I finally relax. I was enjoying my first moments as Jayden Jay Bryant.

After some pictures and a lot of tears from our parents we go to the wedding reception. Mostly everyone was seated and already eating. We took a little longer with the pictures because when Anthony is around we really can't have nice things.