30- Gonna Miss You

Kris

After we beat the Pirates in Pittsburg we easily take out the Cardinals in four games. The wives wore their hoodies with pride and I have to admit, Jayden did a great job. The artist even added some brick and ivy to the drawings and the back was the old marquee Wrigley sign with everyone's name in it. Even I was impressed and the bar for Jayden was set so high I couldn't even see it.

But eventually the inexperience caught up to us and we got swept but the Mets in the conference finals. Sure, we weren't even supposed to make it that far, but it was still a hard pill to swallow. That was a good team and we should have done well, even if we were young.

But now that chapter is over, we're moving on and moving up. This was a good season but ultimately means nothing if you don't win it all. Especially with this team.

So now I have about two days to pack before we headed off to Europe for the first time of my life. We had about a month of the European tour before we come back here for the AMAs and the American leg
of the tour that was based around all the holidays.

To say I was excited for this adventure was a understatement. Sure I would have loved to go home like all the other guys but I know my home will always be there for me. This? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

So I pack up two suitcases of sweaters and jeans and comfortable clothes for the cooling temperatures. I pack some beanies and fuzzy socks which I have to hide from Jayden otherwise she will steal them like always. After all the necessities were packed away I head into Jayden's room.

I find her sitting on her suitcase jumping up and down every so often as she tried to close off her bag. She was pretty small so I'm not sure doing that was going to change anything.

"Is Anthony in there" I ask as I go over to help. 

"He wishes" she laughs as she sits on the suitcase again. I zip it up and she hops off with a sigh.

"Why on earth do you need so much stuff" I ask.

"I'm about to go overseas to perform my first tour in a place I have never been before. I have 13 concerts in 7 countries in 28 days, I don't think I can over prepare myself" she insists.

"Fair enough" I nod. "Are you excited" I ask.

"So freaking excited. This is my first time using my passport. I've always had it but never needed it. Now it's about to be decorated like a Christmas tree" she beams.

"It's so cute when you're excited" I admit and she rolls her eyes.

She had been working really hard these past few weeks. Her music wasn't all that exotic. She usually sat down and played piano or stood with the guitar when she sang so she doesn't need choreography. Since it was just her, her set was a hour and fifteen minutes and the opening act just 30 so they have time to set up in between. But these past few weeks have been nothing but preparations for her first show in just four days from now. She did all of that while supporting me along the way and that just speaks to how amazing of a person she really is.

"Are you still bummed out" she asks rubbing my back as she sits next to me on the bed.

"Yeah. But then I remember I'm going to Europe with my best friend to drink fancy tea and take silly pictures then suddenly I'm over it" I admit.

"I'm happy you're excited" she claims.

"I couldn't think of a better way to spend my free time than traveling the world and listening to you sing" I admit.

"Well aren't you the sweetest" she says pinching my cheek.

We leave her room and find Anthony sitting in the couch on his phone. Ever since Mandy left at the end of the Mets series he's been glued to that thing. I would love to give him a hard time about it but he makes it harder on himself without any help from me.

"I thought you guys left" he says.

"I thought you were going to leave" Jayden counters.

"Nope. Mom and Dad aren't here yet" he says pointing to his things by the door.

He was headed down to Florida to be home for the holidays. He would join us in on the American leg of the tour but not this one. He has been doing this a lot longer than I have so he was tired. I was still feeling fresh only having a fifth of the amount of games he has under my belt.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I was going to miss that man. He might be loud and over bearing at times, but he is the nicest person ever. He loves his team more than anything and just wants to be the best so he can beat the best. He is one hell of a competitor and I was happy he let me crash here for the first year.

"Are you going to miss me" Jayden asks him and he smiles big.

"Of course I am kid. But not too much because you're going to call every day and bring me home something from every city and write in your journal daily" he claims.

"Just for you" she smiles.

The doorbell rings and he lets out a sigh. He goes to the door and Jayden hands him his things.

"I'm gonna miss you squirt. Don't do anything I wouldn't do" he says pulling her into a hug.

"That isn't a lot" she mumbles and he hits her back. They break apart and he kisses her forehead.

"Until Christmas" he says.

"Until then" she replies opening the door. He gives me a hug then just like that he was gone.

Jayden turns to me as she fights back the tears. She will never admit it, but Anthony meant the world to her. She watched him fight for his life and helped him get through it. He was there for her whenever she was in trouble too. It's a bond that can never be broken but it can be sliced and she was feeling it right now.

"I'm sorry baby" I say asks she walks into my arms. I wrap my arms around her and she buries her face in my chest.

"Why do I hate him yet love him so much" she asks.

"Because he's a idiot, but he's your idiot" I remind he and she giggles.

"At least I know you listen to me" she teases.

"When you talk I always listen. I always do."