61- Secrets

Jayden

After a very good regular season the boys finish with best record in Major League Baseball. They did things people has never heard of before and in ways you couldn't imagine. Joe had these boys showing out and having fun while doing it. Even the fans felt how great this team was together and they knew this window wasn't going to be open forever. The time to win was now and that's what they were planning on doing.

Originally I was planning on inviting Anthony over to watch the wild card game and eat some food. But when I invited Anthony that meant David had to come too. There is no Bryzzo if there's no Grandpa. But then if David comes Jon would want to be there, or wherever there was beer. Then if Jon came Lackey would want in. So eventually I ended up renting out the studio and having everyone come there because everyone wouldn't fit in Kris and I's place.

So we get there and set out beer and snacks and put the game on the big screen. People start to show up and I make sure no one touches anything they shouldn't. This equipment is expensive and I was not paying to get it replace it. I might make a bunch of money but I don't like spending it if I don't have to.

By game time all the guys in the team were here. Even Joe and his family came out to watch who they would be taking on in the national league divisional series.

I find Anthony sitting on the couch and sipping on a beer. I plop down next to him and he smiles at me.

"How's my favorite person" he asks.

"I don't know, do you want me to go ask Kris" I tease and he punches my shoulder.

"I'm serious JJ" he whines.

"I'm doing good. Getting ready to have this kid. We can find out the gender this baby, but we have a cool way to find that out" I say.

"And what's that" he wonders.

"You'll see soon enough" I smirk.

"I feel like I should be able to know" he pouts.

"I feel like I should be able to keep one secret from you" I defend.

"Fair enough, because I know something you don't" he teases sticking his tongue out at me.

"You're just saying that because I won't tell you" I accuse.

"Nope. Although it's not really my secret to keep" he claims.

"I don't believe you" I insist.

"It's true" he pout.

"Is not" I counter.

"Is too" he whines.

"Is not" I smirk.

We go back and fourth for a little before Kris breaks us up.

"What's going on here" he asks obviously over our shenanigans.

"I won't tell Anthony about the gender reveal and to make me jealous he claims to have a secret I don't know about" I explain.

"Because I do" he argues.

"If it's what I'm thinking it is you butter shut your mouth" Kris warns and Anthony puts his hands up in defense.

"I wasn't going to say anything" he insists.

"Wait... so he's not lying" I ask Kris.

"No he's not" he assures me.

"Well that's a big mistake, Anthony can't keep his mouth shut" I insist and he gasps loudly from beside me.

"I'm offended" he says putting his hand over his heart like I hurt him or something.

"The fact that you take offense to that proves my point" I laugh.

"He's not going to say anything, because if he does then I'm going to kill him" Kris says turning to Anthony.

"You didn't cheat on me right" I ask.

"Of course not. It's about what is going to happen, not something that has already happened. Plus if that was a secret between me an Anthony I most certainly would not be alive right now" Kris chuckles. He's not wrong.

"Fine. I'll let it go" I sigh. "And I'm still not telling you" I say turning to Anthony and he crosses his arms over his chest.

"I hate you" he claims and I smile.

"That didn't work when we were ten and it doesn't work now" I smirk.

"I still hate you" he insists.

"No you don't" I argue.

"Yes I do" he counters.

"You love me."

"Not right now I don't."

"Yes you do. Because we're best friend and we always have been and we always will be" I say and his frown turns into a smile.

"I hate how much I love you" he claims.

"I don't" I laugh.

We sit around and talk for a little while longer. My sister was going to be in town for a while and they're going to try to work things out. They've finally accepted that they are supposed to be together but they're not sure how it's going to work. So for the playoffs Mandy was going to live here and stay a little while longer to see what happens. I already know what's going to happen but those two are so stubborn they wouldn't listen to me anyway.

The game comes and goes and the Giants ended up winning. So we would be going out to California for however many games we need to play. It was a best of five so hopefully we can get this done quickly and as painless as possible.

After the party Kris and I had to go home because we still had a puppy there. We let him out to go to he bathroom before he runs back inside. It was kind of cool for October and he doesn't have all his fur yet so he was a little cold.

I cuddle up with him in a chair and do some reading. It's not every often we have a bunch of days without a game when in season.

I decide to go on my phone and follow some people on twitter and answer some DM's. There was a lot of love and support on my new album and I never miss a chance to thank people for thinking of me. Not a day goes by when I don't thank God for what he's given to me. What these kind people all say about me. I want to give them the best thing to put their love in and I love how people are becoming passionate about music again. I'm still human after all and I'm just like everyone else out there.

I see one persons tweet of a picture she drew of me and it was the cutest thing ever. It was my first ever show and I almost cried on stage. It was so detailed and lifelike, I was shocked. I quickly ask if I could use that drawing for something and she was more than happy to let me use it. I change my profile picture to it and make sure to thank her for the new avi.

After a while it was time to put the phone away and head to bed. There Kris was going through game reports of the Giants. It wasn't going to be easy but I had faith in the boys, they can do this.