62- The Future

Jayden

We arrive in San Francisco for games three and four of the NLDS against the Giants. They dropped the game they had last night in extras even though both Jake and Kris had huge home runs. But morale was still high as they just needed one more win before taking on the Dodgers in the NLCS.

And while I was here in Cali, Tyler set up some interview about the album I had just released and the new tour dates that dropped when my album did.

So I head to a tv studio inside of town and sit down for a interview. They do my hair and makeup and ask me a few things before we get started. Eventually they turn on the bright lights and the cameras and it was show time.

"Today we have the lovely Jayden Jay with us to talk about her journey to the top and how she stays up there.

Thank you for joining us" the lady says turning from the camera to me.

"It's a pleasure to be here" I insist.

"Let's start with the album you just released. It's said that you had about thirty songs to chose from, how do you narrow it down to the selections you made" the lady asks me.

"I had a close friend help me this time. Which songs make it into the album is important to me because what I'm trying to do is tell a story. So each song has to have meaning in the lyrics and a purpose in the album. I picked these songs to represent what I had been through and what I was going through. I couldn't imagine it happening any other way" I insist.

"Well obviously it received well with your fans. This album broke records that you set for yourself and is the best seller around the world. Even in countries where English isn't the main language. What does that mean to you" she wonders.

"Everything. Love is a universal language, anyone can speak it. You don't have to know what I'm saying to feel how I'm feeling. That's the beautiful thing about music, how it connects us. It means the world to me that I can do this for people" I say.

"Speaking of the world, you are picking up where you had to leave off on tour last year with Asia this fall. Why did you want to start there" she wonders.

"I felt so terrible that I didn't get to come there last time. So I made sure that the people who had tickets for the first tour got first say in tickets and a discount since they already spent so much money on me. I'm doing a huge benefit concert to kick it off and I'm trying to make sure I get as many people as possible there so I can tell them how much I love them. When I got sick they were so supportive and sent me things they were going to give me at the concerts. No one was upset with me or was mad that I canceled even though I felt so terrible about it. I was so blessed and I can't wait to perform again" I explain.

"That is so sweet. Then you're coming back here for another American tour correct" she asks.

"Yup. North and South America actually. Really excited to see old fans and meet new ones" I smile.

"Well we're all really happy for you. The music world has been a quiet one when you were gone and it sure is great to hear your voice on the radios again" she claims.

"It's good to be back" I nod.

"Now for a more personal note, if I'm not mistaken, you're here in town for your boyfriend correct" she asks.

"Yeah. Kris and the boys have their game five here tonight."

"Are you nervous" she questions and I laugh.

"I'm going to put out there that I get way more nervous for Kris than myself. Watching him play is great but there's times where my hands are over my face because it gets so tense" I shake my head.

"I could imagine. But he's a great player so it can't be too bad" she insists.

"He's a great player because in moments like that is where he steps up. And it's in those moments I really wish I wasn't a emotional pregnant woman" I chuckle.

"When are you due" she wonders.

"Either the end of this year or beginning of next year. Really hoping it's soon because touring while pregnant is going to be a handful. Luckily I never did so much on stage."

"Well we wish you and Kris and your baby all the best. Thank you for coming in and opening up with us" she says.

"I had a lot of fun" I admit.

After that was all said and done we hug it out and I was on my way. I head to the hotel to change and find Kris staring out the window and into the city. I walk over and stand in front of him breaking him of his stare. He smiles when he sees me and lets out a long sigh.

"Were you meditating" I ask and he laughs.

"Just thinking" he insists.

"About what" I ask.

"About the future" he claims.

"The future is only what you make it. You have the reigns and you have the power to decide what the future is. I sure hope you make it something great" I insist.

"Well I'm thinking of a future with you, and I can assure you that it doesn't get any better than that" he claims and I smile. He softly grabs my face and pulls me up. He presses a kiss to my lips and I couldn't stop the smirk from coming across my face.

I go into our room and change for the game. I pull on a black tank top and Kris' white cubs jersey over it. Lord knows I couldn't button it up now with my belly sticking out. I finish getting ready before going out and finding Kris again. He laces his fingers through mine and pulls me out to the ball park.

I sit with the other wives and girlfriends and relax for a little. I find my sister and convince her to get me a hotdog and some water. I might be more than capable of buying my own things but as the youngest it is my duty To make my older sister get it for me. And if that doesn't work I can just pull my pregnancy card and she'll do it anyway.

"Thanks sis" I smile as she sits back down next to me.

"Yeah yeah" she waves me off and I snicker.

The game gets started and like all the other games this one was a good one. There wasn't much to cheer about until the top of the ninth. Because like so many times before, they took what you think would happen and flip it upside down. The team losing by three runs in the top of the ninth isn't supposed to win, and most certainly not it nine innings. But that's how it happened. They miraculously scored four runs to take the lead and closed it out in the bottom of the ninth sending them to the NLCS with a date with destiny.