3- New Favorite Song

Kris

I arrive in Chicago this sunny Wednesday morning. The streets were already busy, but I guess some people had to beat the sun getting up. I drop my parents off at the hotel to get checked in and I head over to Anthony's place to drop my things off. We were going to go over to panera for breakfast and get a little tour of the city. I had been here once before but only to Wrigley, not to the city. I was excited to get a new chapter of my life started.

I pull into the parking lot Anthony told me to and try to organize myself. They valet the car I brought and I take my things in with me. Just two suit cases to my name, at least my game stuff was sent to Wrigley already.

I take the elevator up to the 42nd floor and easily find where I'm supposed to be. There was only one apartment on the floor so I walk up to the door. I knock a few times and wait patiently for Anthony to answer. The handle jiggles for a second before the door swings open. However, I was not prepared for what stood on the other side of the door.

A girl, probably no taller than 5'6 stood there holding the door open

A girl, probably no taller than 5'6 stood there holding the door open. She had on tan wedges and a pretty sun dress showing off her muscular legs. It looked like she played soccer or volleyball or something. She had a tight waist and I could see her toned stomach from here. She had strong arms and deep collar bones. Her skin tan like she just left he beach in Florida.

But what stuck out the most was the smile, it lit up the whole hallway I was standing in. Her lips pull tight as she checks me out too. But my eyes were fixed on her amber colored ones. I've never seen a pair of eyes like that, they were almost a pure gold color, they were insane. She had light freckles on her little nose and impossibly long eyelashes that reaches her eyebrows. She had long light brown hair that was highlighted and curled down her sides.

There was a lot of ways to explain her, but stunningly beautiful is just about as accurate as you will get. I know Anthony said this girl was pretty, but not this pretty. This was one of those "hard to believe  she is real" types of pretty.

You know when you hear a song for a first time and you already you know it's your new favorite song? That's how I felt about this girl. There is good energy just seeping off of her and it was addicting. Just being near her was driving me crazy. And it's not just because she was super attractive, but because there are just some thing you know for certain. No reason why or how, it's just how things have to be. And I know this girl was soon going to mean everything to me, even though just a few moments ago she meant nothing.

We continue to look at each other, neither of us saying a word. A smile comes on my face as she lets go of the door.

"Woah" I say and she giggles a little. "You are incridibly beautiful" I admit and she pushes a loose curl behind her ear as she stares at the ground. She has humility, I like it.

"Thank you, that is very sweet of you to say" she smiles. "You must be Kris."

"I am. And you must be Jayden" I reply.