11- Thankful

Kris

Usually I wake up to either my alarm or the smell of coffee. But not this morning I was woken up by screaming. I'm not sure if it was scared screaming or happy screaming but whatever it was, it was loud.

I run out of my room and see Anthony looking around also trying to figure it where the sound was coming from. We both look to Jayden's room and stop.

We run over there and knock the door down to see her sitting in her bed looking at her phone. She looks at us weird before finally saying something.

"Can I help you guys" she asks.

"Why in the hell were you screaming" Anthony asks.

"Because of this" she says tossing her phone our way. I catch it and Anthony and I look it over.

"Jayden Jay Breaks the Internet Becoming an Overnight Sensation."

It showed that her song was number one in the iTunes chart and her music video has been views over five million times in less than 24 hours.

"Wow kiddo, that's great" Anthony smiles.

"I don't even know what to say. My phone is blowing up and it's mostly my sisters, but still. I have millions of people following me on Instagram and commenting the nicest things. Some of them are mad because I "stole kris from them" but most of them are so kind" she explains.

"Why are you shocked" he asks.

"I've always dreamed of this, I never in a million years through it would feel this good" she shrugs.

"Well I knew this and so much more was coming. And while I hate you for constantly disturbing my sleep, I still love you the most" Anthony claims giving her a hug.

"Aww thanks meatball" she smiles patting his back.

He goes off and does whatever an Anthony does at 6 in the morning and I jump onto Jayden's bed. I hand her phone back and she smiles at me.

"I don't know how many times I need to thank you for helping me" she admits.

"It was nothing. I had a lot of fun and honesty I might be more famous from that than playing baseball" I joke and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm serious Kris... thank you" she says.

"You're welcome" I smile.

I head back into my room and lay in bed. I close my eyes but I couldn't fall asleep. Instead I'm forced to sit in silence and let my mind take over. Visions of that day on the beach run through my mind as I keep them close to my heart. Forced to keep replying those because I'm forbidden to make new ones.

It sucks, I'm not going to sugar coat it. I know she knows I'm feeling something, and I know she feels it too. But there isn't much we can do right now. I don't want her to pick between me and Anthony, that isn't fair to her. I just wish we could be together. I wish I could treat her like a queen and go on cute dates. Kiss her when she wanted me to and show her how much she means to me.

One day.

I decide to get up and take a shower then change for the day. I go down to the gym and work out a little. They have TVs in there and I find a treadmill in front of one. It was on Good Morning America and they were talking about the biggest news of today.

A picture of Jayden pops up and I nearly get sent flying off of the treadmill. I quickly try to hook up my headphones and hear what they were saying. After fiddling with the stupid things I get them plugged in and listen up.

"Many people have already heard about her, but if you haven't here's a update. Jayden Jay is a 24 year old singer songwriter based out of Chicago. She was signed to a record label a few weeks ago and her first song is a hit. Already number one on the charts the heartbreaking song is making its way through the airways throughout the nation. The music video is getting hundreds of thousands of views by the hour. And we were lucky enough to catch her for a Skype interview this morning" the lady says and I stop my work out session. I keep watching as her face pops up in the screen and she sits in her room 41 floors above me.

"Good morning Jayden" the man says and she waves through the camera. She's so cute.

"Hey guys" she smiles and I involuntarily smile.

"How has your morning been" they ask and she giggles.

"Pretty great, I won't lie. I would have to say my roommates have to beg to different since I woke them with my excited screams" she admits. She's not wrong.

"According to your Instagram you live with two guys who play for the Cubs, correct?"

"I do. Anthony is my bestest friend in the whole world. This is his apartment and he was nice enough to let me crash here while I figure my life out. Kris came about the same time I did and it's been a lot of fun living with those two."

"It was Kris who was in the music video, right?"

"Right. He was super awesome and came down to the beach after we had a emergency with the original male lead. He did a amazing job and I'm so thankful to have someone like him."

"Is this song about a certain someone?"

"Maybe" she blushes and they all laugh.

"Well regardless, it's needless to say that everyone is loving the song. We've had it on repeat all morning here and we have to ask... is there going to be more from you in the future" they wonder.

"Of course. I write about ten songs a week, my team and I are very excited to get more content out there as soon as possible. I can't say much, but this is just the beginning" Jayden insists.

"That's good to hear. Well, we wish you all the best and congratulations on your success" they say and Jayden waves goodbye.

I finish my workout and go upstairs. I wasn't about to take another shower and I didn't smell so I just change. I go to make some coffee to wake myself up some more and chill by the island.

I sit there until I hear some soothing music being played. Naturally I head to Jayden's room and stop in the hallway so she doesn't know I'm there. I listen as she softly sings to herself and plays some chords. If she didn't like how something sounded she would go back and redo it until she liked it.

"Kris... I know you're out there" she sings while still playing the guitar and I laugh. I walk into the doorway and lean against the frame.

"How did you know that" I ask.

"You're gigantic shadow" she says pointing to the floor. She continues to play as I watch her. It was like art in motion.

"So they played your Good Morning America interview in the gym this morning" I say and she stops.

"Did they now" she asks and I nod. "It was kind of last minute. Tyler asked what I was doing and I said nothing so he told me to make myself pretty and find a nice place to livestream. He put me through and the rest is history" she explains.

"Well you did great, you're a natural" I insist.

"Thanks Kris" she smiles.

"Anytime, Jay."