35- Sweet Home Chicago

Jayden

"How are we feeling tonight" I ask into the microphone. The crowd of 22,000 yells back as I walk around the stage. "I'm feeling it too. It's always great to be back in the Windy City. This place is my home now. It's where I fell in love, it's where I started my life, it's where my best friends reside. And I've been a lot of great places recently, but there is no place quite like sweet home Chicago" I admit.

I finished the show off and even comeback for a encore. I didn't do that too much but I was feeling good. So I do a few more songs before letting everyone go.

I go to the tour bus to cool down and wait for everyone leave so we could go back to the apartment. Usually we stayed in hotels but with Anthony in Florida since the season ended I'm sure we are going to need to get the mail and grab a few things before we take off again.

We get to water-tower place and go up to the 42nd floor. I walk in with a huge smile on my face. I know this place wasn't much but it meant the world to me.

"This place still smells like you" Kris claims.

"I probably left a warmer on" I joke.

I walk in and fall onto the couch. I put myself upside down and let out a long breath. Kris appears and laughs when he sees me upside down. He comes over and kissed me like I was Spider-Man and I smile.

"You're cute" I admit and he sits next to me.

"You know, this isn't my home but it sure as hell feels like it" he sighs.

"I know what you mean. Being here, it's refreshing" I admit.

"Well I'm not coming back here. You know, when we come back for baseball. Living with Anthony was a rookie year thing" he explains.

"So you're moving out" I ask.

"Yeah. And I really want you to move in with me" he says and I look up at him. I turn around so I'm sitting up right and turn to him.

"Really" I ask.

"Yeah. I don't know a lot of things. I can promise even less. But I know I love you and I promise I will show you that every chance I have. And I loved living here and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my first year in the majors than listening to you and Anthony fight over Mario cart.

But I can more than afford my own place and Anthony is going to want a place of his own. So my time has come and I'm looking for a new apartment, but it can only be a home if you come with me" he explains.

"I would love to" I admit.

"But" he continues.

"But I moved here to be with Anthony. I'll have to talk to him" I insist.

"I get it, it's no rush. I just wanted you to know that I wasn't going to be coming back here and you are more than welcomed to live with me in my new place" he explains.

"Let me think about it" I say and he nods.

He goes into his room and grabs a few more things. I grab a jacket and head out to the patio. I pull my phone out and call Anthony.

"About time you called me" he shuns.

"It's been less than two days since we last talked" I defend.

"That's too long" he claims.

"Well I'm about to come out there for the holidays so you'll get your fair share of me then" I assure him.

"Good. So what's up? What's new" he asks.

"Kris and I are back at the apartment. It's kind of crazy being back here again" I admit.

"Yeah, I get that. Is Chicago still treating you good" he asks.

"The best. The crowd was amazing and I got so many nice things from the fans. Did you know they put Wrigley field in a snow globe" I ask and he laughs.

"I don't doubt it" he admits.

"So I have a question" I admit.

"Spill it" he encourages.

"As you know Kris is moving out" I start.

"And you want to move in with him" he says.

"And he asked me to move in with him" I reiterate.

"Same thing" he claims.

"It's not" I insist.

"So what are you going to do" he asks.

"I don't know. I was hoping you could help me out" I admit.

"I don't know what to tell you. This is your life JJ, this is your future. You have control, not me" he claims.

"You've been steering this long, can you give me one more turn before you park" I ask.

"Nope. I already fucked up your relationship enough, I think you gotta figure this one out on your own. Write a song about it or something" he suggests.

"You think I just fix my problems by siting down with a guitar and writing about it" I ask.

"Well yeah" he admits.

"You... are not wrong" I sigh and he laughs.

"Listen. All I got to say is to follow your heart. I know you're scared to take a big step in your relationship. You're going to over think this and the longer you take to make the decision the harder it will get. Take some time but don't drown yourself. You're a smart girl but anyone can get stuck in their head. I love you kid" he says.

"I love you too meatball" I reply and he laughs.

We hang up. I go back inside and find Kris in the kitchen he had a cup of tea in my mug which I happily take after being outside for a while.

"Thank you" I say.

"Had to get my hot girlfriend some hot tea" he claims and I smirk.

"Couldn't resist could ya" I laugh.

"Nope" he agrees. "So what did Anthony say" he asks.

"He said the choice was mine" I reply and he raised his eyebrow.

"Are you sure? It doesn't sound like him" he admits.

"He's claimed to not meddle in our relationship anymore but I have a hard time believing that" I shake my head.

"Okay then, that do you say" he asks. I look up at him and I can tell he wanted me to come with him. But I just wasn't sure. "You can say no, I won't be hurt. We can still see each other all the time" he insists.

"I don't know Kris, I'm sorry" I whisper.

"Hey baby, look at me" he says as he pulls my chin up. "That's okay. You have time to figure out what works best for you. If it works best for you to stay here, that's okay. If you're more comfortable with Anthony because you've always been with him, I'm okay with that. But I would really love to live with you" he explains.

"I want to, I really do. But I don't want to make this decision because I'm selfish and I don't want to lose you. I don't want to say yes now and change my mind later because that isn't fair to you. I just... I don't know" I sniffle.

"That's okay baby. I'll love you no matter what. I promise" he claims.

"You promise" I ask.

"I promise."