57- Birthday Surprise

Kris

This year for Jayden's birthday we were going with something a little more... subtle. We invited her family over and my family over and we were going to do a baby reveal to them. She was only 10 weeks along and you can't tell she's pregnant but she defiantly is. And no one knew, not even Anthony which was hard to keep from him because he's one of my best friends and Jayden's best friend. But he was going to be over for the announcement so I wouldn't have to worry about him too much longer.

Jayden comes out of her room in a pretty blue romper and her hair natural. Her eyes shining bright as the summer sun floods in through the window.

"How

"How... in the world... are you this beautiful" I ask.

"My parents are pretty cute" she claims with a little smile that makes me melt.

I pull her into a kiss and I can feel her smile.

"What" I ask.

"Just trying to think about everyone's reactions today" she claims. "Anthony is going to cry the hardest" she insists.

"Yeah, I can't argue with that" I laugh.

We finish setting up the party and by noon everyone was in the apartment. They get drinks and cake and they give Jayden a gift if they brought one. Even Manny came because let's be honest, he was the best.

Finally it comes time and I have to admit I was a little nervous. I know everyone will be excited but Anthony might kill me, I'm not really sure.

We call everyone into the living room and they gather around. Jayden and I stand in front of the tv as everyone waits for us to talk.

"What's happening" Mandy asks.

"We're going to play a game of charades" Jayden explains.

"Perfect, I'm so good at this game" Anthony claims and I could practically hear Jayden roll her eyes.

"So Kris and I are going to act something out and you all have to guess what it is" Jayden explains.

"Okay. So is it a movie title or a occupation or what" my mom wonders.

"It's a statment" I say and everyone looks around weirdly. They just shrug and get ready for us to get started.

I hold up three fingers and they figure out that it was three words. I hold up a 1 so they know it's the first word. Jayden and I point to each other until Mandy yells "we!" really loud and we point to her so she knows she got it. Then we move to the next word and that one was hard. Jayden starts acting like a pirate Anthony yells out "Are".

"How in the world did you get that" Jayden's mom asks and we laugh.

"We just get each other" he shrugs.

"Alright, last word" I say. I find a pillow and stuff it up my shirt. Jayden starts pointing to my fake stomach while I mold it so it looks round.

"Pregnant" my Dad yells and the room stops. I nod my head as everyone pieces it together.

"Wait.... are you saying..." my mom asks on the verge of tears.

"Surprise" Jayden says and the room breaks out. Everyone pulls us into a hug as they congratulate us. I look over and my mom is crying so hard.

"Mooom" I say and she laughs.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so happy. I wanted grandchildren for so long and now I will" she sniffles. I pull her into a hug and she cries into my chest.

"Look what you did, you made her cry" my dad teases.

"That wasn't my intention" I laugh.

"I know. She's just really happy for you. We both are" he says grabbing my shoulders.

"Thanks Dad, we're both pretty excited" I admit as I catch her glance from across the room.

I watch as her family gathers around her. Her sister practically hanging on her and her mom touching her belly. Anthony was trying really hard not to cry and her dad was giving him a hard time about it. She gives me a quick smile before turning her attention to the chaos around us.

"So... when we you gonna put a ring on it" my mom asks and I smile.

"I don't know. I want it to be something worth it for her. It has to be special" I insist.

"I'm sure you'll find a way. You always do" he claims.

We spend the rest of the time before the game sitting around and talking. I have Jayden in my lap as our family asks a million questions that we don't have answers to. We don't know if we'll move into a house or if it's a boy or a girl. No clue what we need or how they can help. It's been two months and there's not a lot we know. All I know is that I couldn't wait until the baby was here.

Eventually everyone goes back home to New York or Florida or down the street. I think Mandy was staying with Anthony for a little so she'll probably be at the game. My parents were going to be around for a little to watch a few games before they fly back.

But for a few moments it was just her and finally I could give her the birthday gift. I cover her eyes as I lead her into the bedroom. We stop beside the bed and she nearly falls over. I stabilize her and she giggles.

"Okay, are you ready" I ask.

"Heck yeah" she says. I let go of her eyes and she lets out a gasp. She sees on the bed was a little puppy dog sitting there staring up at her. I know she never said she wanted one but I was talking to Anthony the other day and said she's wanted one since she was a little girl but her parents didn't want to take care of one and her dorm didn't allow animals so she never got one. So I got her a little doggy who was potty trained and obedient and Manny already agreed to take care of him when we can't.

"Oh he's precious" she squeals as she picks him up

"Oh he's precious" she squeals as she picks him up. "What type of dog is he" she asks.

"He's a Akita. Very loyal and very cuddly" I say.

"He's perfect. What's his name" I ask.

"Jay" I reply and she turns to me. "Yeah, I named him" I assure her.

"Well he's perfect. I love him. Thank you" she says kissing my cheek. Jay licks my cheek too and it makes us laugh.

"Looks like our family is multiplying" I laugh.

"I guess so."