36- I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Jayden

The tour was flying by and I was having the time of my life. I get to go to places I've never been and do things I've never done. And with my crew there's never a dull moment. We always find ways to get in trouble then out of it. I was a kid with freedom to go into the worlds largest city's and tell all its people my tale. Make new friends along the way and put smiles on peoples faces. There isn't a damn thing I would change.

We were in Atlanta for a concert but we had a day off before then. I've always wanted to come here and mess around and that's what I was going to do. Kris and I had a date tonight and I was more excited than I should have been. We were going roller skating at a huge roller rink out here and I couldn't wait.

Until then we were going to go out to lunch with the crew. We find the best bbq joint around and order out food. There was someone singing live and I quite enjoyed him. Me and my group sat at a table as we waited to grab our food but I really didn't want to leave just yet. I noticed the singer kept looking over here and I just waited for him to say something.

"If I'm not mistaken, is that little miss Jayden Jay in the corner back there" he asks and I wave. "Well I'll be damned, we got a true musician in the house tonight. Everyone give miss Jayden a warm Atlanta welcome" he says and everyone says hi. Manny was stirring in his seat waiting for someone to do something but everyone stayed away which I respect.

"I should go up there and sing" I say.

"Hell no" Manny spits and I start to pout.

"Come on Manny, how many places like this have we been to? It's not every day we stroll into a karaoke bar. Pleaaaase" I beg.

"It's not going to happen" he insists.

"I think we should have Jayden join us up here for a song" the singer says and I turn to Manny and give him my best puppy dog eyes I could.

"Alright! Fine! Let's go" he says getting up.

We get to the stage and I was a bit too excited. I usually perform for crowds in the thousands, not tens. But I liked this little intimate environment where I can see everyone's faces.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you guys, I have never done karaoke before" I admit and they still cheer. Pretty sure I can say anything and they will still cheer. "I trust you guys since you've been doing this longer than I have, so I have to ask. What song should I sing?"

I hear a lot of good songs but one of them catches my attention.

"Ohhh I heard a good one but I have to have to have my boyfriend up here to do this with me" I insist.

After a lot of moving people Kris gets up on stage. He sees the song I picked and smiles. I sit him on the stool up there then I sit in his lap. He wraps his arm around me so I don't fall off and I start the song.

"Clock strikes upon the hour
And the sun begins to fade
Still enough time to figure out
How to chase my blues away
I've done alright up to now
It's the light of day that shows me how
And when the night falls, loneliness calls."

I jump off his lap and pull him up with me. He laughs as I drag him across the stage. He spins me around before pulling me in close as I continue to sing with him.

"Oh, I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me
Oh, I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me."

We dance around the stage like two kids in the city for the first time because we were. I mean, he played the braves here last season but that was work, this is play.

The crowd grows loud as we continue to mess around. He joins me in singing causing me to laugh because he loves to sing and he won't let anyone know that. He actually wasn't that bad.

The song ends and he places a quick kiss on my lips. I look up into those incredible blue eyes and feel myself fall farther in love.

We end up staying to eat our food and listen to other people go up and sing. Everyone was having a great time and honestly that's what music is all about. They get that here and I must say, this might be one of my favorite places of the tour.

After we eat Kris and I head to the roller rink to work off all that food we just ate. Or ordered at least, I had about two bites before I was full, but that just means more for later.

We lace up and start to skate. I haven't been to a place like this in so long so I was a little rusty, but eventually I get going. We circle the floor hand in hand as we listen to Atlanta styling music. We convinced Manny to let us be since it will be dark in here and Kris was with me.

About a hour in I decided to sit down. My side was killing and I just assumed it's because those are muscles I'm not used to using.

We sit there for a while but the pain only gets worse. Eventually it gets to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.

"Kris... can you take me to the hospital" I ask. I hated to cut the date short or scare him but there was definitely something wrong.

"Woah, what's wrong" he asks frantically.

"I don't know, but my stomach is killing me" I insist.

"Oh, okay. Let's get you some help" he says.

He takes my skates off and helps me up. We find our ride and Kris tells them to go to the hospital.

We wait there for a little before I get called back. They do a bunch of tests and ask me a bunch of questions. They press down on my stomach and I thought I was going to die right there. I have a high pain tolerance, but my fear mixed in with the pain is unbearable.

I sit there as they drip pain medicine in me through a iv. I was dehydrated which could have been part of the problem but they wanted to rule out anything crazy like a gall bladder problem or kidney stones.

The doctor comes back and the results were negative for both of those. There was a bad virus going around which was unfortunate because it can't be treated. So he told me to get some rest and step down a little. I thank the doctor and grab Kris before heading aback to the hotel.

"I feel like that's not it" Kris says as we get ready for bed.

"Me neither, but I can't argue with a doctor. He knows what he's talking about and I don't" I shrug.

"Are you feeling any better" he wonders.

"A little, but it still hurts" I sigh.

"Well let's get some sleep" he suggests and I nod.

We crawl into bed and I dream about going to another place in this world together.