10- Sisterly Love

Jayden

My song and music video was going to be released tonight and to be honest I was a bit anxious. I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't sure what Anthony was going to say when he saw the music video or how other people would react either. It's only been a month since Kris has been here but he's a beloved figure already. Besides the fact that he is ultra attractive and a amazing ball player, he just has this gumption about him that makes him easy to love. And this city loves him, I'm just hoping they won't watch this and see him and think I'm using him to get famous. He was literally the last resort I had, and in my defense, the song was about him.

And to celebrate releasing the music video and song my favorite sister was in town to celebrate with me. She was taking a few days off from being a model in New York to come visit me and probably flirt with Anthony. Because unlike him, I actually want them together.

I wake up early in the morning and join Kris for a workout in the gym. I shower and change and head to the airport to pick her up. I find her at her gate and she engulfs me in a hug. She was nearly a foot taller than me and way prettier, but I love her more than not anything. Mandy wasn't like the typical sister. She looked over me when she didn't have to and took me under her wing. I wish she was around more but she was making a name for herself and so was I.

"Tell me everything" she pleads as I drive back to Anthony's place. She would be staying in the hotel across from us but she insisted she met Kris and saw Anthony first.

"There's not much to tell that I haven't already told. I've been here for a little over a month and today marks the first day of my career" I shrug.

"Come on. Tell me about Kris" she pries and I feel my face heat up.

"What about him" I ask.

"What is it about him that makes him different than every other attractive guy in this city. I mean... you can have any of them, why him" she asks.

"I like that you have faith in me, but there's many athletes here I could not get" I insist.

"You're missing the point. Why is it Kris you're insistent on being with" she asks.

"I don't know? It's a bunch of things really. From the moment we met there was something there. I opened the door for him to come in but I also opened the door to my heart and he walked right in. When I came here I didn't want a relationship. I didn't want my mind to wonder from being the artist I know I can be. But part of me is struggling to pull my focus back because my eyes always seem to find him" I explain.

"You have such a way with words" she says dreamily and I roll my eyes.

"You're not helping" I warn.

"I know, I know. I just don't to be walking into anything crazy" she admits.

"Then should I turn this car around" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Glad to see you haven't changed" she mumbles.

We get to Anthony apartment and I introduce her to Kris. When he turns to me she wiggles her eyebrows up and down and I roll my eyes. Idiot.

She meets up with Anthony and they share a awkwardly long hug. They do that fake "How have you been" thing before settling into the living room. We all catch up before heading over to the Chicago theatre to watch the music video. It was a bit dramatic considering this was my first music video, but Tyler insisted it was necessary.

We walk in and I stop at the door. The house was packed with people I have never seen before. Some looked like they were important, and others looked like they were just kids.

"I thought you said we were just going to watch your music video" Mandy says.

"I thought we were" I admit.

We walk down to the front and see some names on the chairs. We sit where we were supposed to before Tyler comes up to me.

"What is all of this" I ask.

"I invited a few friends, I hope you don't mind" he says.

"Of course not. The more the merrier."

Eventually the curtains open and the lights dim. There's a light applause that comes up as the word "Stay" in fancy writing appears on the big screen. The music video starts and we all lean back.

The whole time I feel a pair of eyes on me and I turn to see Kris watching me watch us. The point of this was to watch the video but he didn't get the memo. Eventually he turns back to the screen and I do too. After a few minutes it was all over and the lights come on.

Anthony abruptly stands up in his seat and I roll my eyes. Here we go.

"You" he yells pointing at Kris.

"Me" Kris yells back and I giggle. Kris fought with Anthony like I did and it's the funniest thing ever when it isn't you.

"You can't do that" Anthony claims.

"I don't know what you mean. That video turned out great" he insists.

"It was beautiful. But that song... that video" Anthony trials off.

"It's what I do Anthony. You can't get mad at Kris, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even be here right now. He did me a favor and that was it" I claim and he sighs.

"I know... I just freaked. Seeing that..." he stops.

"Seeing that what" I ask. I really wanted to know.

"Never mind" he sighs.

"No Anthony. I need to know. Seeing that what" I asks and he stops. He turns and walks out and I let out a sigh.

"I got this" Mandy says getting up and following him out. I run my fingers through my hair and shake my head. I really wish I could know what is going through that mans brain.

"Jayden Jay" someone calls out and I see Tyler nearly running at me. "You did it" he smiles and I cock my head to the side.

"What did I do... exactly" I wonder.

"You made me that happiest man alive" he claims. "The people here, these are radio stations and mtv producers and some of the biggest names in music. They were here to see the next big thing to happen to music" he claims.

"Me" I ask.

"You" he assures me. "I keep saying the time is now and I'm serious, it is. And these people know it too. Starting tomorrow your song will be on the radio, your music video played on tv and it all starts" he explains and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"That's amazing" I admit.

"Great job kid, but this is just the begging. Don't get comfortable, keep pushing the boundaries and you'll be surprised where it leads you" he says with a wink. I wonder what he meant by that.

He takes off and I turn to Kris. He pulls me in a hug and I find myself in my favorite place in the world, and that was his arms.

"I'm proud of you JJ" he claims and I smile.

"Thanks Kris. Means the world."

After Mandy and Anthony comes back they assure me everything is okay. I feel like it's not but Anthony looked less stressed so I wasn't going to push it. We head over to Wrigley to watch the game.

Before the game started I was approached by the WGN news crew. They asked if it was okay if my sister and I was okay with being out on tv which we easily agreed. They wouldn't tell me why but Anthony is funny so who knows what he pulled.

We sit there silently until I heard something familiar. It was my song and it was blasting through the park. I look up to the brand new jumbo tron and see the music video for the song playing. I gasp loudly when I see Kris and I up there messing around in the water. It was for sure my first "Wow" moment. Like this is actually happening right now. My sister wraps her arms around me and kisses the side of my head.

"Congrats baby girl. The rest of your career starts now."