2- Meatball

Jayden

"So pretty thing, how has the family been" Anthony asks as we sit at a small Italian restaurant. It reminded me a lot of the one back home we used to eat in at least three times a week. It was a miracle we stayed fit.

"We've been good. My sister asks about you all the time" I roll my eyes. He knew which sister I was taking about.

"Is she still with that dick hole" he spits and I nearly spit my drink out.

"Nicky" I ask.

"Yeah... him" he grumbles.

"No, Mandy broke up with him last year" I shrug. I know he had a crush on my sister, though he would never admit it. But I think they would be cute together. Then I really do get the coolest big brother ever.

"Why didn't you tell me" he half yells. Like I was obligated to tell him everything that happens to my sister.

"You never asked" I shrug. He throws a part of a breadstick at me as it bounces off my head. I laugh before chucking it back at him nailing him in he chest.

"How have your other sisters been" he asks.

"They're fine. Winnie is in New York too working as a lawyer, she loves it there. My parents hate it but it made me coming here easier. And Shannon still thinks she's my mom, she calls and texts all the time. She has a family of her own but she's still so worried about me" I shake my head.

"Can you blame her" he asks.

"Hey! I'm not that bad" I defend.

"You're not. But I've been protecting your ass your whole life and I see where she's coming from" he insists.

"And I thank you for that. If it wasn't for you who knows how much trouble I would have gotten in" I laugh.

"A lot" he claims and I gasp. "I'm just kidding... kind of" he jokes.

After lunch we go into the city as he shows me around. Like always we mess around and laugh our asses off until I had to find a place to catch my breath. I lean against a tree and grab for my stomach as the tears in my eyes continue to fall.

"God... I've missed us" he laughs.

"I've missed us too. It's been years since we've been able to hang out, just you and I" I sigh.

"It's been too long. But now we're back and better than before. Jay and Tony taking on the Windy City" he smiles.

"I didn't know you missed me so much. I guess I'm just that cool" I joke.

"Hey, I might be a professional baseball player but I was your best friend first. A lot of my best memories, you were right there next to me. There's a lot to you to miss" he claims.

"I missed you too, Meatball" I smile.

"I see we're back to Meatball again" he laughs.

"Yes we are" I smirk.

"Does that mean I get to call you Jason" he asks.

"Only when people aren't around" I argue.

"Deal" he chuckles.

We continue our tour before finally getting back to the apartment. I had bought some scented warmers and had a nice smells going. Naturally I had to add a little personal touch to his apartment because, well because he was a manly man. He likes the brown and black and grey and simple things. But it was no secret he could use a woman's touch in here. So it was a few smelly things and decorations, subtle yet homey.

"So, Kris is coming in tomorrow" he reminds me as I head to the kitchen. Ever since I got here it was known that this was my area. He hadn't touched the thing since he moved here in 2012 and you can tell.

"Oh, you mean your secret lover Kris" I tease.

"Yeah... I  mean no" he stutters and I laugh. For the days I've been here he's been gushing about this Kristopher character. He sounded joyous, but a little too good to be true.

"My good friend, you've got it bad" I shake my head.

"He's kind of dreamy, have you seen the kid" he asks.

"Nope" I admit.

"He's beautiful" Anthony insists and I turn to him. "Okay, now I hear it" he admits causing me to laugh.

"You are seriously in love with him" I tease.

"He's a great dude. I don't think he has ever done anything wrong in his life. He's always smiling, says the right things and is a hell of a ball player" he lists off.

"Why does it sound like you guys just got married" I laugh.

"Maybe we did" he claims and I roll my eyes.

I make dinner and Anthony goes into the living room to face time his boyfriend. Kris was driving in from Iowa with his parents early tomorrow morning and he sounded really excited.

Eventually Anthony joins me in the kitchen as I pick up. Dinner was in the oven and now we just wait.

"Hey Jay, how do you feel about making dinner for Kris and his parents tomorrow" he asks sitting at the island.

"I don't really need a excuse to cook" I insist and I hear Kris laugh on the other line.

"Sweet. What are you making us" he asks.

"How about spaghetti and meatballs" I tease.

"Ha Ha, very funny" Anthony scoffs.

"Okay. I can do stuffed pork chops with a sweet potatoes and fresh green beans. How about that" I ask.

"That sounds so good. I should have asked you to move in forever ago" he claims.

"Hey man, I gotta go. Thanks for everything" Kris says.

"Alright, see you soon" Anthony replies.

"Bye Anthony. Bye Jayden" Kris yells so I can hear him.

"Bye Kris" I yell back and Anthony shakes his head.

I make our plates and we sit down to eat. We laugh some more and insult each other until the food was gone. Anthony insisted on cleaning up since I made dinner and I didn't fight it, I hate washing dishes. Maybe I should have moved out forever ago.

While he did that I head to my room and sit on my bed. I look out the window and smile to myself. This place was so pretty, so beautiful. I always wanted to come here and I find myself thankful Anthony got settled in here. Though San Diego and Boston is cool, I've always wanted to come to Chicago.

"Hey JJ" Anthony says peaking his head in my room.

"Yes Meatball" I smile.

"Don't forget we have to be up early tomorrow. Kris and his parents should be in about nine. Oh, and please, try not to fall in love with him. Okay" he teases.

"I'll try to keep it in my pants" I joke.

"I'm serious. You're like my little sister and I won't allow you to date my friends" he claims pointing a finger at me.

"You never did" I remind him as I point my finger back.

"Damn right I didn't" he smiles. He leaves and I fall back into my bed. I take my hair down and let it fly free. After laying there I decide to wash up and brush my teeth. I change into pajamas and wash my face before crawling into bed and falling asleep.