9- Helping Hand

Jayden

It all happened so quickly. One second I was just hanging out with Kris on the couch, the next second I was signed to Atlantic records.

The first week was hard. It was a lot of learning about the music business. They looked at the lyrics and chords I had and went to town. They started constructing my "sound" and style and it was a lot to take in. I didn't know so much went into recording, but I loved it. Everyone was so open to my ideas and worked with me and helped me get this song ready for world domination while still staying true to myself.

After we recorded the song we decided to shoot a music video too. That way it can gather up some hits on youtube and help me get my name out there. We weren't looking for anything crazy, just to get a feel of how people would respond to emotional music in a emotionless world. What a song not about butts and smoking would do out there.

So we head to the beach early this morning for a photo shoot. The guy who signed me, Tyler, has a vision for this music video. A heartfelt story on the shore at sunrise on the beach. I was into it too, although I'm not sure how my acting chops are. But I guess I'll find out.

I get to the beach early in the morning to see it all set up already. The lights and cameras and other stuff was sitting on the sand ready to go.

"Hey guys, how is it going" I ask and Tyler sighs.

"Not good" he admits and I cock my head sideways.

"What's happening" I wounder.

"The guy who was supposed to do this shoot with you called in sick and we only have basically two or three shots with the sun rising before the effect is gone" he explains.

"Oh no! That's terrible" I admit.

"It is. The beach is only rented out for this morning and I don't have anyone else on hand to make it out this here quick enough" he sighs.

"Is there any way I can help" I ask.

"Do you know of anyone who can get out here right now and at least doesn't not look straight in the camera the whole time" he asks and I laugh.

"I have two friends who are pretty good in front of the camera" I admit.

"Well see who you can get and see if they can get here in less than a hour" he says and I nod.

I pull out my phone and decide to call Anthony first. Just for the soul purpose that I tried to ask him first and he can't use that against me when he gets mad when Kris eventually gets here.

The phone rings almost all the way through before he groggily answers the phone.

"What" he questions not so kindly. He does not like his sleep being disturbed.

"I need your help" I say.

"Are you in trouble" he asks.

"Well no" I admit.

"Are you going to be in trouble" he questions.

"Not really" I reply.

"Goodnight Jay" he grumbles before hanging up. Just about what I was expecting.

As soon as that call ends I call kris and he picks up on the third ring.

"Hey Jay, what's up" he asks softly, obviously just being woken up.

"Can I ask a huge favor from you" I wonder.

"Of course, anything. What's do you need" he asks.