38- New Years Rockin Eve

Kris

After a great time in Florida with Anthony and Jayden's family we head to New York. Jayden would be performing at the ball drop and Anthony tagged along to watch, or as it usually plays out, party.

"Slow down Anthony... you're going to black out before we even get there" Jayden says snatching the beer out of his hand.

"I can handle my beer" he claims.

"You know how much I hate when you're drinking" she insists.

"It's how I cope" he insists.

"Cope with what" she counters.

"With he fact your sister didn't want to come celebrate New Years with me. It's ridiculous, she lives here for fucks sake" Anthony pouts.

"She's a grown ass woman who wants to spend a more time with her family than watching you drink yourself into submission" Jayden chirps. "And so help me god I find out that you're doing something you shouldn't be I will stop the concert on live television to call you out" she threatens and his eyes go wide.

"Shit" he muttered as he gets up to grab another beer. Should have figured as much.

Unfortunately for Jayden she wasn't allowed to party all night long for she had to perform out in the freezing cold. Thankfully she performed at the beginning of the show so she could bundle up and cuddle up for the ball drop on New Years.

She changes into her outfit she picked out for the performance and goes out to the stage to do a soundcheck.

I watch from the side as she looked like a angel in the middle of the city like this

I watch from the side as she looked like a angel in the middle of the city like this. No one was around as she gets to do whatever she pleases. Watching her sing is always a gift because you never know what you're going to get. Sometime it's a cover, sometimes it's a song off her album, sometimes it's something she has never even sung before, maybe she will never sing it again. All I know is I get to enjoy every second of her because and it is so great.

She finishes soundcheck and we head for some hot chocolate. Manny and Patrick meets us over at a Starbucks as we wait for it to be time to head back over. Times Square was just one of four locations of performances for Dick Clark's New Years show, but Jayden wanted to watch the ball drop so we ended up here.

And I was pretty happy about it because I wouldn't want to ring in the new year any other way than being here with here.

"So, anybody got New Years resolutions" she asks as we finish off our drinks.

"I want to win the World Series" Anthony slurs still a bit intoxicated.

"What is that resolving" she asks.

"A curse" Anthony counters. Couldn't really argue with him on that one. Even if he is drunk.

"Fair enough. What about you Manny, what is your resolution" she asks.