8- Stay

Kris

"How does this sound" Jayden asks as she plays a few chords few chords on her guitar for me. Her fingers lightly hit the strings creating a beautiful sound.

"It sounds great, just like the other five you've played for me" I admit and she giggles.

"You're not helping" she whines.

"I know nothing about music" I defend.

"I need a song for our writing sessions and I don't know which lyrics to put with which chords" she pouts.

"Well let me see the lyrics. I've annotated many poems in my day so I would be a lot better at the words than the music" I insist. She hands me a few sheets of paper and separate them. I look through them all and my eyes go big, these were all so beautifully written and heartwarming. She couldn't really go wrong with any of these.

"Wow Jay, you've got quite the talent. How long did it take you to make these" I wonder.

"Those are just from this week. I have tons of notebooks filled with lyrics waiting to be made into music" she explains.

"That's crazy. And every single one of these are crazy good" I admit.

"Thanks" she smiles.

She had her meeting yesterday with the head of Atlantic Records about signing a record deal and making music. The same people who manage Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars among other people. She was really excited to be signed on the spot and the people there were really excited to have her, but they were working quickly. They keep saying that "the time is now" to get her out there and make music so she was working really hard to give them what they wanted when they wanted it. She had a week to pick a song and get it recorded which sounds insane but if anyone can do it, it's her.

"I like these lyrics" I say handing her a paper. She smiles big at me and takes the paper.

"It's my favorite song" she admits. She starts to strum her guitar and relaxes into her bed. I watch her carefully as she starts to sing.

"I can see it in your eyes
The way you watch me
How bad you want
To set your love free

I can feel it in your touch
Like you're holding on tight
I'm hanging onto the idea of you
With all of my might

Stay in my arms when life gets rough
With you by my side we'll get through all that is tough
Stay in my heart and don't ever leave
I don't care if the others fail to perceive
Stay with me now and I promise in the end
Our souls will come together and make a mend

I can hear what they say
but they just don't understand
I'm in love with the idea
of you being my man

I can sense it in your presence
But I shouldn't feel this way
I know I will do anything
to get you to stay

Stay in my arms when life gets rough
With you by my side we'll get through all that is tough
Stay in my heart and don't ever leave
I don't care if the others fail to perceive
Stay with me now and I promise on the end
Our souls will come together and make a mend

I can sense your heat beat
Such a wonderful sound
I love how it goes fast
Whenever I'm around

I try to fight the feelings
Tried to push them away
But I think I really need you
I want you to stay."

She finishes singing as she looks straight through me. Those eyes of hers sending chills down my spine. I know that song was about us. About how we're not together even though we both know we should be. How we feel around each other even though we can't express it. It sucks honestly, but that song did not.

"That song was so beautiful, just like you" I say and she starts to blush.

"I wrote that in like ten minutes, honestly wasn't wasn't that hard. The more I'm feeling it the easier it is" she explains.

"Well if you want my opinion, I think that's a great song" I smile.

"Thanks" she says moving her guitar to the side. She collects her notes and sets them next to her guitar. She turns to me and we kinda just look at each other. I didn't know what to say or how to say it. This situation was so hard simply for the fact that there wasn't a lot I could say. Like how much her happiness means to me and how proud I am of her.

"Do you think Anthony would want to grab some lunch" I ask breaking us from our stare.

"I don't know, let me see" she says getting up off the bed. She opens the door quickly and Anthony falls inside her room. He quickly jumps to his feet and brushes himself off. "This is low... even for you" she says.

"I don't know what you mean" he asks.

"Why don't you trust me" she asks.

"I'm just making sure" he defends.

"Making sure of what" she asks.

"That you guys aren't doing anything you shouldn't be" he claims.

"We were just hanging out Anthony" she says using his full name so he knows she's being serious.

"I know. But I missed you guys, I'm lonely" he defends.

"Well we were just about to see what you wanted for lunch" she tells him.

"I do love to eat" he admits.

We all grab our things and decide to eat somewhere in the apartment complex. We decide on the Cheesecake Factory and get seated there.

The laughs quickly piled up and my cheeks hurt so much from smiling. I guess I see Anthony's point, this was kinda nice. All three of us just hanging out talking about farting and childhood memories. Maybe he doesn't want us together because he doesn't want to be a third wheel, maybe it's deeper than that. I don't know, I keep asking but he won't tell me. Maybe it really is nothing, I'm not sure.

All I know is that somehow, someway, we will end up together.

At some point in the lunch she catches my stare and starts to blush. I really couldn't help it, I loved seeing her smile. I stop staring at her so Anthony doesn't catch on but I knew he knew about us. About how we felt and for whatever reason is against us being together. But I can't help how I feel and neither can he. I just want to be around her, touch her soft skin and finally kiss her perfect lips. And if, not when, that happens, only then will I be complete.