53- Helping Hand

Jayden

"I like this one a lot."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It makes me feel good inside" he says and I nod.

"Well if Ed Sheeran says it's good then it has to be good" I laugh.

"They're all good. I would honestly steal some of these" he admits.

"I've never sold my writings before" I admit.

"You should think about it" he claims.

"The thing about my music is that it's priceless. I can sell it to someone but it won't sound right because they're not me. And I'm not saying I'm so good and high and mighty that no one can sing my songs, I'm saying these are my stories, my experiences, and someone else trying to sing my life wouldn't work" I explain.

"I would like to try" he admits.

"Really" I ask.

"Yeah, I've always admired you work. I think this song is beautiful" he says holding the paper filled with lyrics up. 

"That one is pretty fun. You can have that one" I say and his eyes go wide.

"Seriously" he asks.

"Yeah. You've been in love before right" I ask.

"A few times" he admits.

"Then you can sing that one" I insist.

"How much do I owe you" he asks.

"Not a cent" I claim.

"I have to give you something" he insists.

"Not a thing. Music isn't about give and take, it's about love and learn. Do what you feel is right with the song and you should be fine" I insist.

"Where were you when I first started making music" he laughs.

"In college in Florida drooling over your songs" I laugh.

"No wonder you saw the amount of success I did in my years making music in just a few months. If I had your mindset I would have been fine" he insists.

"I listen to your albums Ed, your music is beautiful. It doesn't matter if millions of people don't see it, you do. That's what matters" I insist.

"You know... I took this hiatus from the music business to clear my mind and find something that would inspire me to better myself. Turns out I was looking for something that was inside of me the whole time" he explains.

"That's how it usually works. We look so hard even though we already have everything we need" I agree.

"Well I came here to help you finish this album and all I've done is take your song. So let me actually help you" he laughs.

"That would be nice" I admit.

We go through what I had set already and listen through it. He helps me pick a few new songs and round out the album. It wasn't done but it was structured so all I had to do is finish recording and stuff like that.

After spending all day in the studio we decided to call it a day. Too much of a good things isn't such a good thing after all.

I invite Ed over to Kris and I's place to watch the game tonight since Kris was out of town. Ed was leaving for Barcelona pretty soon and didn't have anything to do until then so I invited him over.

He chills out on the couch and I decide to call Kris since I haven't yet today. There was still a little while for their game since they were in the west coast so I had time to talk to him.

"Hey baby" he answers and I sit on the couch and turn on the tv before handing Ed the remote.

"Hey sweetie. How has your day been" I wonder.

"Pretty good. The team went bowling for lunch. I didn't win but I beat Anthony and David and that's all that matters" he insists and I laugh.

"Sounds about right" I admit.

"What about you? How was your writing session with the English dude" he asks and I roll my eyes.

"It was good. We got a lot done today so that was nice. I invited him over to watch you play" I say.

"You're not cooking with other men are you" he asks and I giggle.

"No, we'll probably order pizza or something" I admit.

"Don't worry Kris! We're just hanging out" Ed yells and I shake my head.

"Thanks man" Kris yells back.

"Owww, my ear" I whine taking the phone from my ear.

"Oops, sorry" he chuckles.

"Well I let you go. Just wanted to check up and make sure Anthony wasn't giving you a hard time" I admit.

"Not more than usual" he claims.

"That's pretty good" I admit. "I love you."

"Love you too Jay."

I hang up the phone with him then call for some pizza. I have it delivered down stairs and someone will bring it up.

The game was about to start and I explain some of it to Ed. He was English and didn't do much in sports in America. But he knew enough to be able to enjoy the game and that's what mattered.

"Do you have any wine or something" he asks.

"Nope, Kris and I don't drink. But there's a place downstairs where you can get some" I tell him.

"I'll be fine. This is god telling me I don't need to be drinking" he claims. "But I can't believe you guys drink" he admits.

"Kris hates it. I don't blame him, I drank for the first time on my birthday last year and I was miserable. Never again" I shake my head.

"That bad huh" he asks.

"Yeah, it was rough. For once I had a pretty good reason to be drinking and it didn't solve a damn thing" I admit.

"Yeah, that's usually how it goes" he laughs.

We sit on the couch and eat pizza. He asks a bunch of questions and I explain to him what was happening. He was actually pretty interested in it and caught in quickly.

Eventually the pizza was gone and the game was over. They ended up losing but they've won enough games already it's bound to happen. I throw away our food and get ready for bed.

"Do you mind if I crash here? I really don't like hotels" he insists.

"No problem! The extra sheets are at the end of the hall and there's a bathroom and stuff in there for you to use" I say and he smiles down at me.

"Thanks so much. I'll probably be gone by the time you're up in the morning so thank you" he says pulling me into a hug.

"Of course. Thanks for helping me out, I can't wait to put this album out" I admit.

"I will come out of hiding just to congratulate you" he claims.

"Thanks" I smile.