27- First Pitch

Jayden

"I can't believe summer is almost over" I pout as I chill out on my bed. My hair going everywhere as Kris laid beside me. He continues to run my fingers through my hair nearly making me fall asleep.

"It's only September" Kris reminds me.

"I know, but I'm from Florida. Summer is my prime time. Now it's my nap time" I giggle and he laughs at me.

"You can't nap. You're planning a tour and you're going to make more music and do collaborations with other artists" he reminds me.

"That sounds like a lot of work" I sigh over dramatically.

"Well you don't have to do it right now" he reminds me.

"You're so right" I agree. I roll over a few times so I was laying on top of him. My hair encasing us together like shades on a window as I hover on top of him.

"I like this, this is nice" he admits as he runs his hands up and down my side.

"You're pretty comfy" I smirk.

"So are you" he claims as he squeezes me tight. I rest my head on his chest as I wrap my arms around his back. Usually I hate being so small but it has it perks, like being able to lay comfortably on my boyfriend.

He lightly kisses my forehead as I smile into his chest. He moves my hair around until it was out of the way and I just listen to his heartbeat in time with mine. I close my eyes and listen to the beat, it was a familiar one. Like a beat to a song his heart was creating music for my soul. And like a perfect match I can hear it so clearly, it was beautiful.

"Are you going to fall asleep on me" he asks.

"Maybe" I admit.

"You can nap if you want to" he insists.

"I don't want to take a second of this for granted" I admit.

"Me neither" he replies and a my lips pull tighter.

"Keep talking, I like the sound of your voice" I insist.

"You're the one that sings" he laughs.

"I'm not talking about singing. Just talking. Your voice, it so soothing and so comforting" I say.

"I think you're tired" he insists.

"I'm just really in love, that's all" I admit. I lift my head off his chest so I could look into his baby blue eyes. My favorite color. He caresses my cheek and pulls my chin up before planting a kiss on my lips.

"I love you more" he claims.

"I love you most."

After we lay in bed for most of the day it was time for us to go to the game. And although I'm usually in the stands with Manny and the other wives and girlfriends, I would be starting the night off in the field to throw out the first pitch today.

Anthony has been giving me some lot tips and pointers and we have been playing catch ever since we were old enough to do I should be fine. But it's been a while since I picked up a baseball so I got a few practice reps in.

I change into a cubs jersey with Daniels and 15 on the back since that was the year it was. I throw on some black leggings and white Nike's before securing a baseball cap on my head.

We all head over to the baseball field and I warm up some throws with Kris while Anthony tended to the guys.

Eventually the WGN people come over since they were broadcasting the game and ask to talk for a little so I can have a bit of a introduction before they televise probably one of the worse first pitches they've seen. I easily agree to talk and let Kris go actually warm up.

"Thanks for joining us today" the woman says. I'm pretty sure her name is Kelly but I am so bad with names.

"No problem. It's a beautiful day for baseball" I smile.

"It is. How many games do usually make it out to" she wonders.

"All of them that are home when I'm not on vocal rest. My voice is my instrument and I'm nothing without it so my producer doesn't like when I come to the studios after games with no voice" I laugh.

"How long have you been a Cubs fan" she asks.

"Since Anthony started playing here, so 2012" I nod.

"That's cool. So are you and Anthony close" she asks and I laugh.

"To say the least, yeah. He's more of a brother figure, both older and younger depending on the day" I explain.

"He's a handful huh" she laughs.

"He's just what you would expect him to be times a hundred" I nod.

"And that's why he's a fan favorite" she admits.

"Yeah, that's how he sucks you in for 24 years" I tease.

"Oh my favorite subject, me" Anthony jokes walking over and throwing his arm around me. He was the biggest sweetheart in the world, he hates talking about himself, but he loves to mess around more.

"Hello Anthony, ready for the game" the lady asks.

"Always ready. And if Kris can't handle it I can play third too" he chrips naturally calling Kris over to defend himself. 

"You have to be at least this tall to ride that ride" Kris teases holding his hand above Anthony's head.

"That's not even fair, I'm not even short" Anthony pouts.

"Rules are rules" Kris winks.

"Alright boys, knock it off" I warn stepping between the two.

"Fine" Anthony huffs.

"Fine" Kris steps down.

"Wow, that was impressive" the woman laughs.

"I've had a lot of experience" I mumble.

Eventually it comes time and I head out to the mound. Anthony kept telling me to go in front of it but I insisted I could throw it from the bump.

I stand up there and turn to the plate. Kris sat there squatting behind it and Anthony steps up to the plate. That wasn't the plan but I'm not shocked in the least that this is what is happening. Anthony picks up his bat and rests it on his shoulder.

"At least make this fair, bat right handed" I bargain and he nods. He steps to the other side of the plate and gets ready once again. They announce my name and I wave to the crowd. I get ready to pitch and have my glove to my face. I tease them a little before letting the ball fly. Anthony swings at the ball that surprisingly made it to home plate but misses, I'm pretty sure on purpose, and Kris catches the ball. I walk off the mound and Kris pulls me into his side. He tosses the ball into my glove and pulls my chin up for a kiss.

"Good job baby" he smiles and I toss the ball up and down in my glove.

"Thank you, do you think I got a shot" I joke.

"Not a chance in hell" he admits and I laugh. At least he was honest.

I join Manny and some of my friends in the stands as we sit and enjoy the game. We eat our hot dogs and root extra loud when we score runs.

"I want to sit in the bleachers sometime" I admit.

"We should do it" Dexters wife Darya insists.

"I'm not going back there, not again" Manny says and I gasp.

"Manny has some bleacher bum dirt. You better spill it" I insist.

"Let's just say I've spent a fair share of games up there and not once did I leave not covered in beer" he claims.

"That sounds like a great time" Darya argues.

"If we win it is" Manny claims.

I spend the rest of the night having lots of laughs and enjoying time with my baseball family.