Chapter 7 (2/2): Vatos

Building

 Daryl's P.O.V

 Rick unzips the bag, dividing the guns, making me frustrated at his stupidity. " Them guns are worth more than gold. Gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. Are we really gonna give 'em up for her? Whether I want her here or not, that G guy may have somethin' up."

 " You calling G a liar?"

 I glare at the kid, making him whimper in fear as I get closer. " Are you a part of this? You want to hold onto your teeth?" I question before smacking him across the face. " Why are you betting on this? Could be more than them guns. Could be your life. That girl worth that to you?"

 He thinks hard for a moment before answering. " What life I have I owe to her. I was nobody to her, just some idiot stuck in a tank. She could have walked away, but she didn't leave me. It's my turn to help her now."

 I let out a groan of annoyance before asking, " So you're gonna hand the guns over for one girl?"

 " I didn't say that. There's nothing keeping you three here. You should get out, head back to camp."

 " I'm not leaving," Glenn intervenes," but if we did, what would we tell Lori and Carl?"

 " Come on, this is nuts. Just do what G says." I glare at the kid, making him shut up as I grab a gun and start loading it.

 " Damn this girl," I mutter as I finish loading the gun, grabbing the kid and walking out behind Rick.

---

 Hideout

 Daryl's P.O.V

  The door of their hideout open as Rick takes Miguel from me. As soon as the doors fully open we walk through the door as Rick pushes the kid to G before slinging the bag back over his shoulder and aiming his gun again. " I see my guns but they're not all in the bag."

 " That's because they're not yours. I thought I mentioned that."

 " I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation."

 " No, I'm pretty clear. You have Miguel. We want Carter."

 " I'm gonna chop up your girl. I'm gonna feed her to my dogs. They're the evilest, nastiest man-eating bitches you ever saw. Are you woefully deaf?"

 " No, my hearing's fine. You said to come back locked and loaded." We aim our guns as they aim at us, but before I pull the trigger, some old lady walks out from behind them.

 " Felipe! Felipe!" The one who's named Felipe tells her to go back inside as I yell to get her out of the line of fire. " Mr. Gilbert is having trouble breathing. He needs his asthma stuff. Carlitos didn't find it. He needs his medicine." When she finally notices us, she begs Rick not to arrest Felipe as Rick questions where Carter is. " The pretty mixed girl? She's with Mr. Gilbert. Come. Come, I'll show you."

 G mutters for us to be allowed pass and as we walk further in I figure out it's a nursing home. A damn nursing home! I guess they were protecting them for some dumb ass reason since most are old people and a few are just sick. When we walk into the gym most are around who I guess is Mr. Gilbert having an asthma attack as Felipe helps him. I scan the crowd slightly just to see her sitting at a table in the back, talking to an old lady while she drinks a bottle of water.

 I tap Rick on the shoulder, pointing to where she is before following me towards her. " What the hell is this?"

 " Asthma attack. Couldn't breathe," she answers before speaking to the old lady in some other language, making the lady laugh.