Chapter 11 (3/3): TS-19

Carter's P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of someone groaning behind our door in the hallway. I keep my eyes closed, annoyance growing at the sound of distress. I open my eyes, only to close them quickly from the lights turning on. I blink slowly, my eyes getting used to the bright lights. I groan in annoyance, always hating to wake up as I try to turn over, only not to be able to.

" 'Da fu-" I cut myself off as I feel someone's grip tighten on my waist. I look underneath the covers, seeing a strong pair of arms wrapped around. I strain neck, seeing the one and only redneck sleeping soundly as his face is nuzzled in the back of my shirt. My breathing hitches slightly as he moves his head against my back, making me tense until he stops. I let out a sigh of relief as I try to move out of his grip. After a few minutes, I get out of his grip, crawling out of bed.

I pull the covers over him more before looking around the room. As soon as I find our bags I dig through mine, finding a pair of jeans and tank top, throwing them over to the couch. I look for a shirt only remembering that Lori took them before dinner, wanting to wash our clothes. I groan in annoyance before grabbing a random flannel off the floor. I button my jeans, pulling my tank top over my head before tying my shoes. I pull the flannel on, only to see it's pretty loose on me. I roll my eyes before walking into the bathroom.

I hear a groan of pain come from the bedroom as I finish brushing my teeth, fixing my hair so it's less of a pain in the ass. I spit in the sink before putting the toothbrush up, walking over to see Daryl sitting up in bed, grabbing his head in pain. I lean against the frame of the door, a small smirk on my lips. " What happened last night?" he questions before grabbing the water and pill I left him last night.

" You got drunk, took a shower, before having me force you to sleep." He looks over at me, slight annoyance in his eyes before looking me up and down, making me raise an eyebrow before he asks, " Ain't that ma' shirt?"

I look down, now understanding why it looks tattered. " Lori took my stuff to wash." He rolls his eyes, too tired to bother me about it anymore. He grabs his bag, moving past me into the bathroom as I walk towards the door to the hallway. I look around, seeing every bottle and pill was taken. A pair arms wrap around my waist, making me jump slightly and look down, only to see a strawberry-blonde covered head look up at me as well. " Hey, there china doll." She smiles at me, greeting me back as I mess with her morning hair. She lets go of me, allowing me to walk towards the dining room, her following me.

I sit down at the end of the table as Sophia sits beside Carol. I look to see her glaring at slightly before looking down at her empty plate. I see most of us are here except a few. Lori greets me as I nod in acknowledgment. Carl grins at me, making me give a small smile back until I hear Rick come in.

" Are you hung over? Mom said you'd be," Carl exclaims making me smirk as Rick agrees.

" Mom has that annoying habit."

" Eggs. Powdered, but-but I do 'em good. I bet you can't tell though," T jokes as he gets to Glenn, who has a terrible hangover, making me give a toothless grin. Jacqui rubs his shoulder as Dale laughs. " Protein helps with hangovers, but the kids and Carter don't have to deal with that," he says while dishing out what's left of the eggs from his pan on my plate, making me roll my eyes amusingly.

" I apologize I don't drink. Although I love seeing people's aftereffects," I joke back, pointing at Glenn, making everyone one laugh.

" Don't ever ever ever let me drink again," the boy groans, making me smirk.

" Hey." I look over, seeing Shane come in, grab a cup of coffee from the counter. As he turns back to us T questions the scratches on his face and neck. " I must have done it in my sleep. Not like me at all." He glances at Lori slightly as she tenses, making me put two and two together. As he sees my gaze change, he stares lingers on my before sitting down as Daryl comes in. He sits beside me, filling up the last seat beside Jenner's. He nods as a greet as I give one back. " Hey, Doc." We all look over at him, giving him our own greets before Andrea speaks up.