Season 4 Prologue / A/N

Daryl's P.O.V

 Slowly opening my eyes, I see her face. Her beautiful face. She sleeps soundlessly nowadays, her nightmares not haunting her anymore. She usually wakes up before me, on the rare occasion I wake up before her I let her beauty sink in, right before one of the children wake her up.

 " Carter!" a voice rings out, making her groan before hiding her head under the blanket. " Carter! Carter! Carter!" A little figure jumps on top of her body, the small knee digging into my chest.

 " Easy Sophie," I mumble, moving her knee.

 " Sorry Daryl," she mumble, Carter giving a quiet groan.

 " Why don't you wake up your mother?" Carter grumbles, throwing the sheet off her head.

 " 'Cause it funny seeing your hair in the morning," she giggles, a smirk growing on Carter's face.

 " Oh yeah, I know something even funnier," Carter says, a hum coming from the little girl. " It's this!" She moves Sophie to me, allowing me to hold her before Carter tickles her. Her laughs echoing off the walls before Carter stops after a minute or so. " Go back to your mom. We'll be up in bit." The little girl giggle, nodding quickly before hopping out the bed, going back to her cellblock. Carter lays back down in bed, a relaxed groan escaping her.

 " Your hair does look funny in the morning," I agree, a smirk on my face. She rolls over to face me, hitting my chest lightly.

  " Go back to sleep Daryl," she mumbles, placing her head on my clothed chest. My arms wrap around her instantly.

 " I love you Peaches," I whisper, kissing her forehead.

 " I love you too Softie," she whispers back, feeling her lips kiss my chest before falling back asleep, as I do so as well.

A/N Yeah I made another book for Daryl. It's Imagine and Preferences for him. If you'd like one just send me a request in message. The details about the book are in the first chapter. Thank you 😊

 Thank you 😊