Chapter 62 (2/2): Isolation

Carter's P.O.V

 " Is it gonna be me and you like the old days?" Michonne questions, a humorous glint in her eyes. I glance up from the car.

 " And Bob. I feel like we need a fourth," I express, wiping my hands of grease.

 " Who else isn't sick?"

 " Rick wants to stay with Carl and Judith. Daryl and Glenn got sick less than an hour ago. We only got--Ty. Bastard owes me an apology anyway." I state, closing the hood. " I'll go get 'em." She gives a hum before I walk off towards the prison.

 Jogging through the corridors, I make it to cell block A, finding Ty standing in front of the window, looking through it at the isolated. " Took me forever to find you asswipe. What you doing?" I question, making him turn around to look at me.

 " Somebody needs to stand watch. And I'm sorry about your face."

 " Look, I wanna find 'em too. We will, Rick is gonna get on that, but I need your help to get the medicine. It can save your sister," I explain. He averts his eyes to the glass, looking for Sasha before looking back. " Alright?" I question. After a few moments he slowly nods.

 " I'll meet you at the front gate," he mumbles, passing by me. I take a few steps towards the window, hoping to find him before turning away.

 " Carter!" a voice croaks. I spin on my heels, seeing Daryl limping over to me, his clothing soaked in sweat. He places his palms on the glass, allowing him some support.

 " Hey, Daryl," I mumble, placing my hannds where his are. " I'm gonna get you that medicine," I promise him, gving a sad smile. He returns it with a weak grin.

 " I love you Peaches," he grumbles, looking down at his boots.

 " I'll tell you the same once I save your ass once more Softie." I give him a wink with my good eye before walking away, hearing the redneck give a weak chuckle through the barrier.

---

 Carter's P.O.V

 Slamming the hood, I clean my hands with Daryl's rag, his wings on my back after 'borrowing' his vest without his knowing. " Everything alright?" Bob questions, bringing fuel.

 " Fine," I answer, my voice dry. He stares at me for a moment before looking at my legs, seeing the wrap though the holes of my jeans. " Zach learned enough to keep it running good," I add on.

 " Zach's car?"

 " Fasest one we got and need."

 " You really want me coming along?" he questions.

 " No.No defiantly not," I answer truthfully, taking out a slip of paper. " What's this word?"

 " Zanamivir."

 " Exactly, might as well as have two of us know what we fuckin' readin'," I grumble, Tyreese walking over to us.

 " Still got room?" he questions. I hum a yes. " Let me just get my gear." He walks away, leaving the tension between me and Bob. I pick up my crossbow, throwing it over my shoulder before looking at Bob.

 " Ever do anything like that shit again, making us lose someone to take care of your needs, I got a bolt with your name on it," I growl.

 " You threatening me?" he questions.

 " This ain't no threat. I'm making you a fuckin' promise. And just like Daryl, I'm shooting one up your ass if get in our way." I give a fake smile before walking back towards the prison, getting the rest of our gear.

---

 Carter's P.O.V

 Gripping the steering wheel, I drive quickly to the college, Michonne sitting beside me. " I know you wasn't running off Michonne. The trail went cold though. You already know that." I glance over at her, seeing her gaze on the road. " You know I'd be right out there with you if I could," I agree with her, " You think I don't wanna cut his dick off?" I question, a small chuckle escaping her lips. " Sorry if I made y'all uncomfterable back there," I apologize, a noticable smirk on my lips. " Hand me my C.D," I tell her. She finds it quickly, letting me place it in the C.D player.

 " The Ink Spots?" Tyreese questions, the song beginning to play. I only shrug, Michonne answering for me.

 " She heard the song from Fallout 3," Michonne explains. Bob rolls his eyes.

 " Change it," he orders. I roll my eyes as well, flipping him off before a walker comes into my view. The tires squeal as I try to drive around one of the many walkers on the road. I speed to a stop, seeing the herde of walkers.

 " Grab something!" I holler, placing the car in reverse. I drive quickly, hitting a bunch of walkers before stopping.

 " Go left!" Michonne orders. I shift the gearstick, slamming on the gas, only to stay in place.

 " We're stuck!" I exclaim, trying once more before giving up. " We gotta run through the gaps right there!" I holler, " Ya'll two make a run for the woods and you don't stop for nothing, got it?" I don't give them time to answer, popping open the sun roof as Michonne gets out. I shoot the closest one to her, getting up and out, reloading an bolt. I hop off the hood, stabbing one with a knife before pulling the bolt from the dead one. I kill the ones in my way, trying to get to Michonne, who's way ahead of me. I get to the woods, seeing Bob made it. I look over him, seeingTyreese surronded, yelling at us to go. " God damn, c'mon," I grumble, jogging away, walkers following us.

 We move quickly, killing any in our way before moving forward. I aim a bolt at the bushes, sweat dripping off my body, my clothes sticking to me now. " Hold up," I say, my finger on the trigger, waiting for the walkers to reveal themselves. The sun shines on it, only to reveal a tired Tyreese. I roll my eyes, shooting a walker behind him as Michonne and Bob help him up. I grab the bolt from the body, the three ahead before stabbing a second and thrid one, sprinting to follow the three.