Epilogue

The two lovers lay in bed, both breathing heavily. The light from the setting sun peeks through the partially shut drapes, setting a relaxing tone to the entire rest of the room.

" Are we Christians now? Since we waited 'till after we married to have sex?" Carter wonders aloud, listening to Daryl's heartbeat, her hand twisting the ring of her left hand.

" Man, fuck God," he grumbles, pulling his girl closer. The skin on her back feels so smooth at some point, then rough like leather at other points. It's something the two have in common.

" You know we're going to have to help these people here in Alexandria learn how to survive outside these walls, right?" she asks.

" I know. But right now-" he moves slowly, getting on top of Carter, " I think I can go for another round."

" We've gone twice, asshole," she chuckles, smacking his arm lightly.

" Well, Mrs. Dixon, let me help you get back in the mood." He pulls the cover over the rest of his body. She can feel him moving lower, forcing a shiver from her spine. Her spine arches softly, her eyes shut tight as her mouth opens slowly.

" God damn, Daryl."

Thank my_heart_went_boom and bambreail for persuading me to give better.

First bamb sent me a message a while, then heart sent me one today. Thank you both for helping me get inspired to finish this book for real.

I may try to make a different TWD fanfic (Daryl probably) and if you got any ideas leave 'em in the comments.

Thank you all for the love and support. I love every single one of you.

☮️

Ace