Chapter 46 (1/2): The Suicide King

3rd P.O.V

 The two brothers look around, the crowd wanting them dead as Andrea tries to stop it. The younger's hands are free from the cuffs, the Governor beginning to speak. " I asked you where you're loyalty lies. You said here. Well prove it. Prove it to us all. Brother against brother. Winner goes free," he announces, the crowd beginning to cheer." Fight to the death!" The two look at each other for a few moments until Merle speaks.

 " You know me. I'm gonna do whatever I got to do to prove-" he cuts himself off, punching Daryl in the gut, him dropping to the dirt, " that my loyalty is to this town!" he hollers, kicking Daryl while he's down. He continues beating his own brother up as walkers are added into the mix. Merle goes to punch him again, only to get a right hook, making him move away in pain. Daryl gets up, only to be taken down by his brother again.

 " You really think this asshole's gonna let you go?" Daryl croak, trying to get his breath.

 " Just follow my lead little brother. We're getting out of this right now," he responds, pulling him up so the two are back to back. They fight off the walkers the best they can before reinforcements arrive, killing the walkers and others. Screams are heard, as is gunfire before smoke bombs are thrown, the lights being shot out. The two get to safety quickly, but not before the younger gets his bow back. Rick call for the two, getting the group together before running off, going back to the rest.

---

 Carter's P.O.V

 " Carter? Carter! I think she's waking up! Carter!" My eyes flutter open, seeing a blurry image before I'm fully able to see, the blur becoming Glenn. I can barely keep my eyes open, my eyes almost shutting on their own. " No, no, no, no! Stay with me Carter!" I open my eyes again, trying to stay awake, seeing some else behind him. I try to move away, only to shriek in pain. " It's okay, they should be back soon." I don't respond, only looking at the dark woman with a katana on her back.

 " I'm not a threat," she states, making Glenn look back at her before me. I only nod, trying to move again before almost screaming in pain, Glenn's hand muffling it.

 " Glenn!" a voice hollers, making him look past me.

 " Rick! Rick!" Glenn exclaims, push himself off the ground, moving by me and the car. The girl stays with me, snapping her fingers every few seconds if I try to fall asleep. " Oh thank God. Carter just woke up. She barely stay awake."

 " Now we got a problem here. I need you to back up," I Rick state.

 " What the hell is he doing here?" Glenn yells, making me guess it's Merle as the lady jumps up, running in there direction too. An argument soon begins as I slowly try to get. I lean up against the car door, trying to keep myself steady as my vision keeps darkening before going normal. I hear someone screaming, only for a loud thud to be heard.

 " Glenn?" I try to holler, only for a croak to escape. I almost fall, but a pair of hands grab me before I do.

 " Holy shit!" I hear Daryl exclaim. I wrap my arms who I assume is Glenn, hearing Daryl running over to me.

 " At least she's awake," Glenn mumbles, only I can hear him though. His arm wraps around my waist as I look around, squinting enough to see a passed out Merle.

 " Why is he here?" I croak, Glenn forcing me to sit back down, my back against the car.

 " That's what we need to talk about. We'll get you're opinion in a minute. Michonne, make sure she stays awake." The small group walks a few feet away, their words barely descriptive as Michonne looks at me, trying to think of a way to keep me awake. I rub my face, feeling disgusted with myself. My head lulls to the side, hearing movement before a hand is on my cheek. I open my eyes, my breathing heavy as I see Michonne trying to keep me up.

 " We need you to stay awake." My eyes grow more tired than before. She stands up, guessing that she's listening in on the group more. My eyes flutter close, only to hear someone else talk.

 " Hey Peaches." I open my eyes, seeing Daryl. " I gotta go."

 " What for?" I croak.

 " Just because." He kisses my forehead, patting my cheek before standing up. I use the rest of my strength, grasping his hand.

 " I love you," I state, not knowing if I'll wake up again.

 I only hear a sigh escape him before hearing a small, " Goodbye." My eyes shut themselves, hearing Glenn say my name before ringing is heard.