Chapter 63(1/2): Indifference

Carter's P.O.V 

 " Yo, Ty. Come one, let's go. Vamonos," I tell Tyreese, who's washing his shirt in the creek, the three of us waiting for him. He only glances at us, continuing to clean his shirt.

 " Son of a bitch," I curse in Spanish before walking away, Michonne following me.

 " What was that?" she questions.

 " I know a few languages," I explain. " You wanna learn some?" I ask, which she nods to. " Alright, um-creo que Rick está caliente," I say. After a few tries, she gets it correct, a small smirk on my face.

 " Creo que Rick está caliente. What does that mean?"

 " I think Rick is hot," I say, a smirk being placed on my face. She gives a small gasp, punching my shoulder.

 " That's not funny," she whines, a small laugh escaping my lips.

 " It is, and you think it's true. I got Daryl and he's nice," I say. She rolls her eyes at me, but a smile still plays her lips. " You know what? If you and Rick get together by next summer, you owe me eight Hershey bars."

 " If Daryl proposes to you by then, I get your old bow."

 " Deal." We shake hands, sealing the deal, smirks are on our faces. Once our hands detach, the two boys finally start walking over to us as we hope to find another care in the town.

 Walking down the dirt path, a gem catches my eye. I kneel down, grabbing it before licking my finger, rubbing the dirt off of it. " Is that Jasper?" Michonne questions. I hum a yes. " Nice color. Brings out your soulless eyes." I roll my eyes at her smug grin.

 " When Ms. Richards went into A block, we were leavin'. Asked me to keep a lookout for one to use for her old man's marker," I explain.

 " You know all of them back there?"

 " Stay in one place more than a couple hours, be surprised what you'd pick up," I state, continuing to walk. After a few moments, she jogs up before going to her original pace. " I loved this one kid the most. Sophie was her name."

 " What happened to her?" she questions, my weak smile disappearing.

 " Got cancer from her grandpa who passed in Woodbury. Didn't have the proper tools to cure her," I explain, shrugging after a moment. " Luckily she died in her sleep, not feeling anything. She would've loved you, she had a weird thing for samurais." It becomes silent after that, allowing both of us to disappear in our thoughts.

---

 Carter's P.O.V

 An eternity of walking, we make it to a small auto shop, most of it devoured by vines. Something catches my eye through the vines, Bob noticing. " You see something?"

 " I don't know yet," I respond. " Maybe." Working fast the three cut the vines, allowing us to see the windshield of a car. I go inside, trying to hotwire it like Daryl showed me, only for it to fail. " We need a new battery."

I spin on my heel, seeing a window behind me. I spit on it, about to wipe only to be taken back by a walker slamming itself against it. " We got company," I state, loading a bolt. " We clear a path, see how many there is," I explained, grabbing the knife from my belt. I swing a few times, stopping once I see Tyreese go to work on to the vines, overwork I'd say.

 " Go easy. No wastin' all your energy," I tell him, pulling branches and cutting vines away. He still continues, yet I shut my mouth, only mumbling cuss words in Spanish, Michonne looking over at me in confusion yet slight understanding. I slowly stop, seeing him pull his weapon out of the vines, a wire on top of it. I stare in confusion before a hand grabs me. Michonne has me, slicing it off as a walker grabs Bob as well. I stab one in the head before Michonne kills Bob's.

 " Tyreese!" I yell at him. He yanks the walker out from the vines, it falling on top of him. I yank it off him, stomping the walker's head in. I continue a few seconds even after it's dead, letting my anger out before stopping. I glare at the man before scraping the brains off my shoes and onto the concrete.