Chapter 25 (2/2): 18 Miles Out

Carter's P.O.V

 I scream in pain, feeling blood run down my ankle. I kick frantically, hopping on one foot to alleviate the pain. I look down, seeing bite marks. I hear glass break but don't bother looking.

 I look over to find Randall, seeing no one. I look behind me; nothing, only to have a pair of hands pull me to the ground. I groan in pain. I see a blade, well my blade, coming towards me. I roll out of it's path, hearing the clink of the blade behind, I know it's broken. I stand on one foot, seeing Randall only holding the handle, his mouth covered in blood, my blood.

 He charges at me, throwing me in one of the buses. I cough, trying to get air into my lungs as I hear the door close. Laying on my stomach, I try and get up. A pair of knees hit my back, making me hit the floor in pain. I feel a pair of hands fumbling with my quiver before an arrow starts cutting my air supply off.

 I try to grab at it, only to have my oxygen cut off more. I push forward, hoping for the arrow to break. Dark spots begin to form my vision until a snap echoes in the bus. My body limps as I take greedy breaths of air, coughing in between. I feel a hand go to my belt, trying to yank my pants down as his other pulls my hair. I move quickly, turning on my back and frantically kicking, hitting him back to the front of the bus.

 " I hope you rot bitch!" He spits at me before hopping of the bus, closing the door behind him. I wipe the saliva off my face before letting my head hit the floor again, looking at the roof of the bus. I hear growl's of walkers outside, yet don't bother to get up as my eyes close from exhaustion.

 " Carter?!" My eyes snap open, seeing Shane holding the bus door closed. " Help me damnit!" I stand up quickly, losing my balance before standing beside him, pushing up against the door. I look through the glass, seeing at least eight or ten walkers. " Rick!" I look over, seeing Rick and Randall leaving us.

 " You've gotta be kidding me right now," I murmur, letting one of my hands feel my neck. I wince feeling it hurt everytime I swallow, knowing a bruise will form. " I got an idea." He looks at me consufed as I slide one of the windows down. I grab an arrow, stabbing one in the head and letting it drop. " Use your blood on the door!" I stab another one until I hear Rick driving in, yelling at us.

 " Go through the back door! Come on!" I look to see Randal driving the car, Rick shooting. I place the arrow back before running to the back, pushing it open. They stop in front of us. I hop through the window, Shane following my movents before Randall drives us out.

 Rick throws Randall back in the trunk, muffled music and eyes covered once we're far enough. I sit in the back seat, picking at the scab again on my thigh again. After Shane and Rick talk for a few moments. He look back at me, his face becoming concerned.

 " What happened to you?" I rub my head, feeling dry blood, shrugging a response.

 " She's bit Rick!" Shane exclaims, pointing down at my ankle. I look down, seeing the dry blood where I was bit, where Randall bit.