Chapter 23 : Triggerfinger

Carter's P.O.V

We crouch beside of the door, headlights of cars stopping in front of us as people are speaking outside. We stay quiet for a few minutes but it felt like hours.

" Why won't they leave?"

" They're looking for them Glenn. They aren't leaving until they find them or there bodies. And if they find their bodies, then we're gonna be the next bodies dropping!" I whisper yell.

" We can't sit here any longer. Let's head out back to the car."

" Rick, if they notice us they could follow us back to the farm." As the words leave my mouth guns fire, everyone going back to their places. As they try and open the door me and Glenn move infront of it, the guys outside becoming suspicious.

I look over at Rick, seeing the plan in his eyes. I franitcally mouth and shake my head no until he yells, " They drew on us!" I throw my arms up at his stupidity before taking my gun back out, checking the magazine and taking it out of safety.

" What are you doing?" Glenn questions.

" This is gonna end bad."

" Are Dave and Tony in there? They alive?" the man questions.

" No. Your friends drew on us! They gave us no choice! I'm sure we've all lost enough people, done things we wish we didn't have to, but it's like that now. You know that! So let's just chalk this up to what it was; Wrong place, wrong-" he gets cut off as they shoot through the door, glass falling on Glenn and me. Rick gets up and starts shooting, telling us to go. I stay, shooting through the broken window with him before crouching down as the two go farther back.

" Hey! We all know this is not gonna end well! There's nothing in it for any of us! You guys just-just back off, no one else gets hurt!" Sounds of a garbage cans clattering are heard from the back, making me raise my gun. Glenn slowly opens the back door, walking out. After a what felt like an eternity a gun shot is heard.

We find out Glenn shot a window. Rick explains the plan; Hershel helping Glenn get the car as me and Rick stay here. We hear another gunshot, making us run to see that Hershel shot a man. I run over to Glenn, Rick behind me, finding him okay and covering beside him. I rub his shoulder, calming him down before gun shots are heard before they start to leave.

I look over to see a kid fall off a roof before screaming. I look over at Rick, he has an expression I can't read as the group leaves the kid. Both Rick and I run to were the kid fell, Glenn getting Hershel. Getting close to the kid we his leg went through a spiked fence.

" We have to go."

" No! Please don't!"

" We can't leave him like this!"

" He was shooting at us Carter!"

" He's a fucking kid who doesn't know left from right either!"

" This place is crawling with walkers!" The kid starts screaming more. I grab Daryl's bandanna from my pocket and stuff it in his mouth, shutting him up as Hershel and Rick talk. As they start the procedure to cut his leg off me and Glenn shoot the walkers, only to realize they're too many.

" We gotta go!" Glenn yells. Rick slowly walks away from the kid as he takes the bandanna out, screaming at us.

" Fuck!" I yell. I run pass Rick, grasping the bandanna before grabbing his leg and pushing it through the fence, his scream piercing through the air.