Chapter 35 (2/2): Seed

A/N: ONE THOUSAND READS!!!!!!!!!!!

 Sorry, sorry

Sorry, sorry. Got carry away and have been binge watching Fresh Prince......Never mind ONWARDS!!!

Never mind ONWARDS!!!

Carter's P.O.V

" Ready?" Hershel questions, only for Rick to unlock the gate, opening us to the courtyard. T is the first to kill a walker, Daryl, then me and the rest of us, me being in between Maggie and Daryl. Soon we're almost through the courtyard, only to see another area filled with walkers. We all push against the wall, me and Daryl holding our bows up.

Four new zombies come out, each dressed as guards. We both shot our ammo, only for them to bounce of their helmets. Placing my bow back, I grasp my knife as another with a mask shows itself. Daryl and Rick close a gate, cutting off the walkers inside. A armored walker comes up behind me. I spin quickly, stabbing it under it's helmet. I look at Maggie, seeing her do the same, T and Daryl following, Rick killing the last one.

" This place isn't secure enough," I say, making Glenn question.

" How do you know that?"

" Nothing will lead to that courtyard over there. And that's a civilian," Daryl explains, pointing at one of the dead.

" So the interior could be over run by walkers from outside the prison," I state.

" Well, if there's walls, then, what are we gonna do? We can't rebuild this whole place," Glenn questions, only for Rick to announce we push in. Daryl open the door, all of us going in quietly. The door to the interior squeaks open, only to wind up in a empty cell block.

I go up the stairs, finding a dead walker. I take the keys from his side, making a light jingle being heard. I walk out, handing Rick the keys, which he nods in thanks for before opening the door to the cells. We look around, Daryl and I going to the second floor, finding two walkers trapped in their cells. We stare at each other for moment before killing both, the whole place now quiet.

Throwing the bodies over the railing T takes them outside as the rest come inside, bringing our stuff in. " Home sweet home," I announce, seeing everyone looking around.

" It's secure?" Lori questions.

" This cell block is."

" What about the rest?" Hershel questions.

" In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria, and the infirmary. Carter found to the keys on some guards. Daryl and I have the set."

Every picks their own cells as I place my things in the last one on the right. Placing my things on the top bunk I relax in the bottom, my growing tired quickly. I hear Daryl's boots, making me scoot over for him instinctively. He lays beside me, us facing each other, feeling my backside touch the wall a bit. He moves my hair out of my face, giving me a soft smile before hiding his head in my neck. I give a airy laugh, letting my fingers run through his hair. I hear movement, seeing Rick outside the cell. He stares for a moment before giving a small smile before continuing to stand guard as I fall asleep with Softie.

---

Carter's P.O.V

T, Hershel Rick, me and Daryl all toss things we found on the table, shocking most of us. " Flashbangs, CS Triple-Chasers. Not sure how they'd work on walkers, but we'll take them," Rick says, looking through what we got. I pick up a helmet on the table, only for walker's skin to fall out of it.

" I ain't wearing this shit," Daryl states, looking over my shoulder. I pass him the helmet, picking up gloves in the same condition.

" We could boil them," T says in disgust.

" Ain't enough firewood in a whole forest, no! Besides, we've made it this far without them right?" Daryl questions, Rick humming a yes. We load up, getting our weapons ready. I glance, seeing Lori watching us as Carl tries to take the helmet, only for Rick to make him stay back. We walk pass the door into the corridors, Carl mumbling inaudible things while shutting the door.

We advance quietly through the hallways, Glenn marking the walls with spray paint to find our way back. Maggie shrieks, making us jump and look at her. She gives an embarrassed look, apologizing from spooking us, running into Glenn. We move a bit fast through the corridors, our flashlights pointing to the end of the hall. We take a right, continuing and taking a left, only to come face first with walkers.

" Go back, go back! Go back, move! This way!" Rick exclaims, me and Daryl now behind everyone. We sprint ahead, only to find out we lost Glenn and Maggie. Moving quick, we hide for a moment, trying to figure out what to do. " Where's Glenn and Maggie?"

" They go cut off by walkers," I whisper, making Hershel say we got to go back. " Which way though?" We move again, looking for the two, Hershel calling for the two. I look back, seeing Hershel go off in the opposite direction. I move back quickly, the others following. As soon as I see the man, he gets grabbed by a walker, it taking a bit from his ankle. Rick shoots the walker as I get to Hershel, Glenn and Maggie meeting up with us. Glenn and Rick pull the man up, me and Daryl leading, losing ammo fast for our bows.

We find a door, only to find it stuck. I slam my shoulder, it pushing open. Daryl and I close the door quickly, using our weight to keep it shut as the rest look over Hershel. I look over, seeing Rick chopping off his leg, the others holding him down. I look away, hiding my sorrow until something else creates a glint in my eye. I push T to the door, holding my bow up with anger in my eyes, seeing we're not alone. Daryl get's up beside me, seeing men dressed as prisoners behind a fenced window.

" Holy shit."