Chapter 36 (1/3): Sick

A/N Future reference the two hunters are in late 20s to early 30s (just a thought I had)

Carter's P.O.V

" Hell are you?"

" Who the hell are you?" one questions back.

" Come on out of here. Slow and steady," Daryl orders as Rick tries to keep Hershel alive.

" What happened to him?" one prisoner questions, his hair pulled back, showing his Hispanic face more.

" He got bit."

" Bit?" he questions, pulling his gun out, only for T to pull his out as well.

" Easy now. Nobody gotta' get hurt," I state, keeping my aim on the Hispanic.

" Do you have any medical supplies?" Glenn questions, passing the prisoners.

" Wow, where do you think you're going?" the very tall, dark prisoner questions. On cue the walkers snarl more, making me glance back and see the door blocked before looking back at the group.

" Who the hell are you people anyway?"

" Don't look like no rescue team!" one with a big moustache exclaims.

" If a rescue team's what you're waiting for, don't!" Rick exclaims as Glenn brings a rolling cart outside, two placing him on the cart. " T, the door!" One exclaims not to, yet T doesn't bother listening, killing the walker coming inside before the four get Hershel out of the room. " Daryl! Carter!" he hollers, making us go to follow.

---

Carter's P.O.V

" He's losing too much blood," Maggie states as we get into the cell block, Carl closing the door once they wheel him inside, Daryl, T and I staying in the longue area

" Daddy!" Beth exclaims, tears beginning to form. They move his unconscious body to one of the cells, placing him in the bed. I reload and arrow, as does Daryl with his bolt before we aim at the door leading to the corridors, hearing their footsteps. Taking only a few steps inside, Daryl states," That's far enough."

" Cell block C. Cell four, that's mine, gringo. Let me in," the Hispanic states.

" Well today's your lucky day, asswipes. You've been pardoned by the state of Georgia. Get out," I announce, Daryl giving a noticeable smirk.

" What's going on in there?"

" Ain't none of your concern." The Hispanic pulls out his gun, making me lower my bow.

" Don't be telling me what's my concern," he threatens, making me give an eye roll.

" Chill, man. Dude's leg is messed up. Beside, we're free now! Why are we still in here?" the big guy questions.

" He's got a point," I shrug.

" Yeah, and I gotta check on my old lady," another prisoner states.

" Group of civilians breaking into a prison you've got no business being in, got me thinking there ain't no place for us to go!" the hispanic states.

" How 'bout you go find out." I point to the door, not even wanting to waste an arrow on him.

" Maybe we'll just be going now," moustache says, only for the hispanic to disagree. T comes in, aiming his gun at the leader.

" You ain't coming here either!"

" Hey, this is my house, my rule, I go where I damn well please!" He tries to walk, only for me to pull my gun out, the click being heard as my other hand holds my bow and arrow.

" I don't think so."

" You think you scare me chica? I got one of my own," he states, pointing his gun at me. I glance at Daryl, seeing his grip tighten.

" There ain't nothing for you here, why don't you just go back to your own sandbox?" Daryl says as Rick joins our conversation, Carl closing the door.

" I'm going in there!"

" The hell you are!" I snap back, my voice becoming deeper then intended, scary a few of them.

" Hey, hey, hey! Eveyone rrelax, there's no need for this," Rick says.

" How many of you in there?"

" Too many for you to handle."

" You guys rob a bank or something? Why don't you take him to a hospital?" he questions, making me drop my aim a little.

" How long you in that lunch room?" I question, making the leader look at me.

" Going on like ten months. A riot broke out. Never seen anything like it.One guard looked out for us, locked us up in the cafeteria, told us to sit tight, threw me this piece, said he'd be right back."

" And that was 292 days ago," the big guy explains.

" 94 according to my-" moustache explains, only to be cut off by the leader.

" We were thinking that the army or the national guard should be showing up any day now," the big one continues.

" There is no army," Rick states.

" What do you mean?"

" There is no government. No hospitals, no police. It's all gone," I explain.

" For real?" I nod my head softly.

" What about my moms?"

" My kids, my old lady! Yo, you got a cell phone or something so we can call our families?"

" You don't get it, do you?" Daryl snaps, taking a small step closer.

" No phones, no computers. As far as we can see, at least half the population's been wiped out. Probably more."

" Ain't no way."

" Well, there's fucking door. Look for yourself." I state, aiming at the door, forcing the five to follow.