Chapter 49 (1/2): I Ain't a Judas

Carter's P.O.V

 Relaxing against a wall I quiet my breathing, wiping the blood off my face. I flick my knife, more red staining the floor. Calming myself, I push myself off the wall, knowing I've been in here for too long. Stepping over the bodies I walk back to C Block, not really caring if anyone notices.

 " What do you mean she went into the corridors?" I hear someone question.

 " She said she needed to relieve some anger before walking off with her weapons," Beth answers. I open the door, it creaking loudly as hell. Everyone looks in my direction, most in shock probably 'cause of the blood.

 " Carter?" I look over at the voice, seeing someone I thought I wouldn't see again. I only stare a moment before Merle starts talking.

 " Oh hey, Carter! No hard feelings right?" he questions. I bite my tongue before clicking it, trying not to beat his head in with a bat.

 " What are they doing here?" I question, looking at Rick.

 " They came back. Helped me when the Governor attacked while you we're in there." He points back to the door, making me glance back before shrugging.

 " What happened?"

 " We're trapped in here. At least a two dozen walkers outside. And with the fence broken down there'll be more."

 " So what do we do? Leave?"

 " We're not leaving."

 " We can't stay here either Rick What if there's another sniper?" Hershel questions. " A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds."

 " Look if Rick say we're no running, we're not running," Glenn pronounces, cutting the small debate.

 " Better than living like rats," "Merle staes, making us look at him.

 " You got a better idea?" Rick questions.

 " Yeah, we should've slid outta here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now."

 " We ain't scared of that prick," Daryl states.

 " Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if her wanted to."

 " We can't just sit here. Axel just died, we can't do nothing," Hershel states, only for Rick to walk off. " Get back here!" he yells, finally losing his patience. " You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something."

---

 Carter's P.O.V

 Wiping the blood off my knife, I try to not hear his footsteps, yet I still do, knowing he's already at my cell.

 " I'm sorry," he mumbles, staying at the door frame.

 " Your brother tell you that to get in my pants or some shit?" I question, throwing the rag to the side.

 " Look, I know Merle can be-"

 " You ain't know shit!" I state, emphasizing each word more than the last.

 " He didn't mean it. They gave me no choice. He's blood-"

 " And I'm the woman who loved you!" I holler, making him quiet. " I loved you! I stayed beside you! I got the shit beaten out me before I got touched we're no woman should be touched by what you call 'blood'!

 " And for what? You left me, I almost died, I can't even walk properly no more thanks to him and yet you still choose him over me!" A scoff leaves me lips, tears beginning to form in form in my eyes.

" Congratulations. You fucked up." I push past him, my shoulder hitting his.

---

 Carter's P.O.V

 Sitting beside Carl I mess with my rifle, taking it apart every few minutes. I reload the ammo, the click sounding a Carl whispers to me and Maggie, who's taking watch in another spot close by.

 " Something's weird out there," he states. I motion over to him, the boy handing me the binoculars to look through. I notice what he sees too, making me grow confuse before I see who it is.

 " It's Andrea. Get your dad and the others," I order, making him move to get Rick.

 They move out quickly, Carl going back to his spot beside me, both of us aiming our guns as they let her inside, not without checking the lady for weapons or any ways if communication. Carl moves from his spot, as do I but I go inside the prison.