Chapter 14: Bloodletting

Carter's P.O.V

 I grab the boy, pulling him close as I take my flannel off, tying it around the bullet wound, trying to stop the blood. A big man with a rifle comes out, repeatedly apologizing until I growl, " Where can we get help?"

 " The Greene's farm. About a half-mile that way. Talk to Hershel." He points in the opposite direction we came from.

 " I'll meet you there Rick." Before he could respond I pick up the boy bridal style before sprinting as fast as I can in the direction he pointed.

 Every step I take tired me more but I keep sprinting when I see a house in the middle of a farm, making me run faster as I get closer to the porch, people walking onto it, an old man in front that looks familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it.

 " Was he bit?"

 " Shot, your own man did it," I pant as they get closer, " He said get Hershel. Is that you? Please help him!"

 " C'mon!" I follow the man Hershel inside quickly as he calls out people for supplies. I at Carl down on the bed Hershel tells me, grabbing a pillowcase and folding it as Hershel unties my flannel a lifts up his shirt, allowing me to put pressure on the wound. " I've got a heartbeat, it's faint. You need to give us some room." I walk out of the room, looking out the window to see the three boys sprinting at me. I walk onto the porch, looking at my hands and seeing them covered in crimson red. I let out a shaky breath as Rick keeps asking if he's alive.

 " Got a heartbeat, working on it," I tell him before going back inside, him quickly following back into the room.

 " You know his blood type?"

 " A-Positive, same as Rick's," I answer, making the officer confused. " Our blood samples," I explain.

 " Don't wander far. I'm gonna need you. Will do everything we can to make sure your guy's boy is okay."

 " Not mine, we need to tell his wife though," I say, making Rick panic slightly. " Otis here was tracking a buck, the bullet went through and into Carl," I explain, " You gotta tell Lori."

 " I'll go tell her," a girl with brown hair says. ' God she looks familiar.'

 " I'll go with you. I'll explain what happens." She nods in agreement as we go outside and towards the stable. She pulls one out of its stall. I grab a saddle, handing it to her. We both hop on, me wrapping my arm slightly around her torso, as I remember who she is. " Good to see you, Maggie."

 " Nice to see you too Carter," she responds, as we start riding to the group.

 Daryl's P.O.V

 As we walk through the woods, with Lori being more anxious than ever after the gunshot going off Andrea starts screaming her head off, making us all look at her. She struggles with a walker until it's hit off her by a bat. We look to see a girl on a horse and, " Carter?" I question as she hops off the horse. She runs over to Lori, whispering to her, making the woman go pale.

 Lori quickly hops on the horse as Carter waves at the girl to go. " What is goin' on?" I exclaimed, making her look at me. As her full body is turned to me I see her tank top soaked in blood, showing every crease of her body. Her bra beginning to show through as well-'Shut up,' I shake myself out of my thoughts.

 She lets out a shaky breath, wiping her face, only to create a streak of blood from the crimson on her hands. " Carl got shot. We backtrack to Fairburn Road. Two miles down is their farm. Got Greene on the mailbox," she answers, her voice wavering and shaky before walking past us, towards the highway. The walker that try and kill Andrea gets up, moaning and annoying my ass.