Chapter 65: Live Bait

Carter's P.O.V

 Staring at my hands, I turn them over to my palms, small blood stains on the wrap. Looking up from my sitting position, I see Daryl peacefully asleep. A small smile plays my lips as the sun is partially up, the light hitting my eyes. The smile disappears as I look through my bag, seeing the mifepristone and misoprostol bottles. A deep sigh escapes me, tears beginning to form before I blink them away.

 " What are those Carter?" The voices makes me snap my head towards it, seeing Daryl rolled on his side facing me.

 " Mifepristone and misoprostol pills," I answer, staring at the two once more.

 " What's that mean?" I don't answer him, clearing my throat.

 " I'm gonna go out for a minute." I stand up, walking away only for his hand to grasp my wrist, his grip strong yet not enough to hurt me.

 " Your ears are turning red," he states, sitting up on the bed. I sigh, sitting beside him. He moves, allowing his feet to hit the floor as do mine.

 " Mifepristone and misoprostol are used for abortions," I explain, keeping my gaze on the floor. I hear his breathing hitch once the words leave me.

 " How?" he mumbles to himself. " We never did it-"

 " Merle at Woodbury," I cut him off, finally turning my gaze to him. " I took a test too. I'm pregnant," I admit in defeat. " And I was thinking that I could just abort the baby unless I somehow have a miscarriage." It becomes quiet for a few minutes, or eyes away from each other.

 " I don't know what to do Daryl," I whisper, his gaze now on me. I stand up abruptly, pacing in front of him. " I want a kid, but I want it to be your kid, not your brother's. A-And I don't want you to look at me differently because I technically have a newborn that I never wanted or had a choice of having and I-I'm sorry you have to deal with this. If you wa-want to leave me you can, I understand why you wo-" I get cut off by Daryl standing up, grasping my face before giving me a sweet and passionate kiss. I relax in the kiss, my hands placing themselves on his face. He slowly pulls away after a few minutes, our hot breathing fanning our faces.

 " If you don't want the kid it's okay," he whispers, my eyes opening to see his icy blue ones. " It's your choice. I personally want to wait until we're ready. But it's your choice Peaches. I'll be with you no matter what," Daryl adds on. I close my eyes, feeling his lips on my forehead before he whispers, " I'll love you no matter what Peaches."

 After a few minutes of silence I move away, grabbing the two bottles. I pop two pills from both of them, grabbing the water bottle from the end table. I close my eyes, exhaling a deep breath, allowing myself to think for a moment.

 Opening my eyes, I down the pills before taking a few gulps of water. I let out a silent but heavy sigh, turning around to see Daryl's eyes on me, still looking at me with love and care, just like before. Wrapping my arms around him, he does the same to me, kissing my forehead lightly.

 " I'll love you not matter what Peaches. I promise we can have a baby another day. I love you Peaches."

 " I love you too Softie," I whisper into his chest, a few tears cascading down my face. Luckily it wasn't tears of sadness, shock or despair. They were tears of joy.