Chapter 68 : Time

The one time Daryl wants time to pass quickly, it goes by so slowly. It reminds him of a slug.

They lost Beth, got Noah, and lost Ty. It seems like every enemy you kill, two friends die.

A branch snaps, forcing his eyes up from his wounded hand. Daryl grabs his crossbow swiftly, standing up from his sitting position. Despite feeling numb, he pulls the trigger, seeing something run into the barn in front of his eyes.

His steps are light, his mind heavy. The large doors groan in agony as Daryl moves them, before aiming into the darkness. A moment passes before he tries to speak.

" Hell-" An arrow flies past his head, forcing the man to drop to the floor.

" Fuck off!" someone screams inside the barn, a faint groan following after.

" Just come out. I got a group. We can help you!" he hollers, moving so he's able to aim his bow from the ground.

" Well tell your group they can go suck it!" they respond, this time a shot coming from the darkness. Light comes from the dark, Daryl figuring out they went out another door in the back. He jumps to his feet, following the form swiftly.

He runs around them, cutting them off their trail. His feet move loudly, signaling the person. Despite turning quickly, Daryl tackles the person to the ground, forcing a sound of agony to leave their lips.

The male holds their hands above their head, pinning their legs by digging his knees into their thighs. As he does so, it forces a groan from their lips, which is covered by a bandanna. A bandanna that looks familiar to Daryl.

" You're an asshole," Daryl groans, letting his head drop a moment. As he does, his eyes catch a pair of dog tags, making his eyes squint.

" Have you looked in the mirror?" the person questions, their breathing heavy. Daryl's breathing becomes heavy too, the sound around him becoming inverted, fear and relief beginning to take over the blood in his veins.

" Who are you?" he asks slowly. He pins the person's wrist with one hand, the other slowly going for the bandanna across their mouth. His calloused hand pulls back the bandanna-- his bandanna. His sight becomes blurry and takes a moment to clear up, forcing the tears from his eyes. " He-Hey there Peaches."

" Nice to see you, Softie."