Part 4

I wake slowly, taking in the room that has been so familiar to me, but will no longer be where I'll be waking up after tomorrow morning. The sunlight is filtering into the room from the edge of the blinds and I know, even before I look, that I'm alone in the bed.

Just as my eyes move toward the door, Prince steps into view with his uncanny sense of timing. "Hey, Sugar," he's all smiles as he comes in.

"Hey," I'm still groggy, but return the smile.

"I was just getting ready to make us some omelets, are you ready to eat?" He asks as he sits on the edge of the bed, brushing my hair from my face. I don't have to answer, my stomach growls it's response before I can speak, we both have to laugh, "I'll take that as a yes." He kisses my forehead and stands, as he starts to leave the room he says, "Meet you in the kitchen."

I get up and make my way to the bathroom first, then to my bag in the closet to gather a nightie and robe to throw on, I'm not ready to get dressed just yet. It's when I'm almost out of the bedroom door when I notice that all our discarded clothing that was on the floor has been picked up. I go back into the bathroom, nope, not even Prince's socks in sight. I doubt he's even slept since we got in this morning, I think myself as I walk down the hallway

As I enter the kitchen, he is just setting my coffee cup onto the counter in front of a stool, and returning to the pan on the stove. I stand staring at him in disbelief when he looks up from the pan, raising his eyebrows in a silent question. I shake my head, make my way over to the stool to sit. I'm sipping my coffee while I watch him cook when it hits me, "Where did you get the eggs?"

"The grocery store," he says matter of factly.

Of course, I think, because where else would a rockstar go to buy groceries? "You went shopping?"

The omelet safe on a plate, he sets the spatula down, and meets my eyes, giving me a look like I should have known better than to ask that question. He places the plate in front of me, "Yes, I went shopping, it's been known to happen," he says playfully.

I laugh under my breath, "I guess I should have asked if you got any sleep? I see you even picked up all our clothes off the floor."

He scrunches his face as he breaks more eggs into a bowl, "Maybe a little over an hour, I'd say." He starts to beat the eggs, stopping only to point at my plate, "Eat."

I take a bite of my omelette, it's fantastic as usual, I glance at the clock on the stove, it's 11:45, the day is half gone. "Oh, crap." I mutter with my mouth full.

Prince shakes his head at me, as he notices me staring at the clock, "You need to stop letting time control you like that. Yeah, it's almost noon, so what?" He flips his eggs in the pan, waiting for my reply.

"I have a lot to do, and," I start to look around, I have no idea where my phone is, "Angel took tonight off, I'm sure she was planning on being here sometime today."

Prince pulls my phone from his pocket and sets it on the counter next to me, "She is, at 2 o'clock."

I cover my face with my hands in discontent. Prince sets his plate next to mine then comes around to run his hand up and down my spine in a soothing manner before sitting. I put my hands down and look at him, he points to my plate again, "Would you please eat, and quit worrying." He takes a bite of his eggs, "I have everything covered."

"Of course you do," I chuckle and take a bite, looking at him questioningly while I chew. He smiles back at me while he chews, and since he's on my left, I see his eyes glance at my ring, again, silently reminding me just what I mean to him.