Part 28

At some point while we were sleeping, we had resumed our usual sleeping position, Prince is now against my back with his arm curled tight around me. I reach for my phone on the nightstand to check the time, it's 11:32! I start to chastise myself for sleeping so late, before remembering what Prince had said to me the other day about not letting time control me. I really have no reason to be up by a certain time, and when I think about it, it was easily after 6 am when he lead me to the bedroom.

From behind me I hear his gruff morning voice, "Would you put that thing down?"

I place the phone back on the nightstand before rolling over, "It's after 11:30," I whisper to him.

He groans, doing his best to snuggle up to me now that I'm on my back, his top leg moves to rest on top of mine before he asks, "Do you need to be somewhere?"

"Noooooo, but I was just telling you in case you did."

"People work around my schedule, Sugar, and I don't have one," now he's looking at me sleepily, with an expression that suggests that he would like me to be quiet.

"You're not ready to get up are you?"

His head shake is hindered by the pillow, "No, but I think you are," he sighs a bit as he removes his leg from on top of mine.

"Prince, you don't have to get up because I'm getting up. Stay in bed and get some rest."

"I can't sleep without you here," he flips the covers back and sits up. I don't let him see my reaction to his words, because I know for a fact he slept at Paisley whenever he didn't try to make it home. Unless he means he can't sleep without me here, as in this bed, I wonder. I crawl over to him as he sits on the edge, and whisper in his ear, "You want me to make pancakes?"

His eyes light up as he smiles over his shoulder at me, "I would love pancakes."

I bounce off the bed and head into the bathroom, to my dismay, he follows right behind me. Instead of using the bathroom and taking care of 'my business' like I had planned, I sneakily grab a tampon from the cabinet and start to leave.

"Sugar, you don't have to run off, I was going to give you some privacy," he says gently.

"Yeah, but I got to deal with this," I hold up the tampon, he nods. I can pee while he's changing in his closet, but I'm not having him walk in on me while I'm doing that. "I'll meet you downstairs," I yell back from the doorway.

I use the other bathroom upstairs then head downstairs to get started making the pancakes. I'm just pulling everything out that I'll need when he comes into the kitchen looking like he always does. I don't know how he does it, here I stand with my wayward hair tossed into a frizzy, messy bun, and just my nightie, looking every bit a hot mess, and here he is polished and ready to go. He comes around the counter, and offers me my robe.

"Thank you," I say as I take it, frowning at him.

"I'm hungry for something other than pancakes, but that's not an option right now," he winks.

I quickly pull my robe on and start fixing the batter, pausing only when my coffee finishes brewing to grab a cup. Prince gathers plates and utensils, then sits at the counter watching me as I work, he always looks slightly amused, and I know why, I don't do anything gracefully. Regardless of my unkempt appearance, or my lack of neatness, the pancakes turn out perfectly, and we sit side by side enjoying our breakfast for lunch. I had pulled some fruit together last minute to offset all the carbohydrates of our less than nutritious meal choice.