Part 54

With the cake cut and our first dance complete, the DJ kicks into overdrive with some booming dance mixes. As the floor fills, we make our way through as we are greeted, congratulated, and hugged over and over again. I sneak my heels from the dance floor and slip them back on, then whisper to Prince, "I have to use the ladies room, I'll be right back."

Since the vineyard hosts all kinds of events, they have a large building a fair distance away from where the tent is set up. I pass Kim on my way and joke to her, "Wish me luck, I'm heading to the ladies room." I'm halfway there when Kim catches up to me with Angel in tow. When I frown at them, she laughs, "Honey, you're going to need both of our help."

"To pee?"

"To wrestle that dress, trust me."

Sure enough, in the handicap accessible stall, with both Kim and Angel holding armfuls of my skirt, am I able to finally empty my bladder. "This is ridiculous," I laugh as we do our best to get all of the skirt back into place and hanging correctly.

Kim laughs, "This is why most brides bring something to change into."

I pout, "But, I really don't want to take it off," as I look into the mirror.

We take our time preening in front of the mirror before we head back to the party. When our trio arrives at the opening of the tent, Prince looks over curiously. We disperse and I move to Prince's side, he leans in and jokes, "You ladies have a meeting?"

I laugh, "You could say that, they had to hold my dress while I used the bathroom." He scrunches his face and laughs at the visual.

"You should've seen it," I shake my head at the whole experience.

"I'll pass," he kisses my cheek before pulling me back out onto the dance floor as a slower number comes back into rotation. My heels kicked back off, we fall into our favorite dancing position, with my eyes closed and my head resting on his shoulder, we begin to move. I follow his lead, our movements are subtle and relaxed, we are not moving in tempo with the song, but we don't care.

*******

Eight o'clock and the evening is young by most standards, but we are already eight hours in with the wedding and celebrations so far. For the consideration of our guests, we soon stage our departure. Everyone gathers the little bottles of bubbles from their tables and soon the tent filled with a flurry of iridescent bubbles. Guests and bubbles continue to follow us as we make our way through the tents opening and out to the now waiting limo. Once we're tucked inside and on our way, I ask Prince, "So, where are we headed?"

"Back to the hotel to get us changed into something a little more accessible, then we'll return to the vineyard," he says with a plotting smile.

We encounter some heavier traffic on this Saturday evening, it takes almost forty-five minutes to get back to the hotel. Heads turn when we enter the hotel lobby and make our way across to the elevator, hotel staff and guests alike offer congratulations as we pass by, we take the time to thank them politely. In the elevator, Prince pulls me close, placing a soft kiss on my neck, he holds me tight, but his advances move no further, it's just a simple moment to absorb the fact we are now husband and wife.

In silence we exit the elevator into the foyer, moving to the bedroom to change. Prince unzips my dress, and helps me step out of the mound of fabric. With me just in my panties, nylons, and heels, I carefully return the dress to its hanger, smoothing the material as I eye it longingly. "It's so beautiful, it's a shame I only get to wear it once," I say before I retrieve my discarded bra from earlier and put it back on.

Prince has removed his jacket and tie, and is in the process of pulling his shirt free, "That's what the dress is for, Sugar," he laughs, "but I guess you could wear it around the house. That is, until you need to pee."

"Very funny," I move to the dresses I brought, "What should I change into?"

"What you're wearing looks fine to me," he grins, but when I shoot him a look he says, "anything that's easy to remove." At that moment he drops his dress pants, now he's wearing nothing but socks and a smile. He quickly selects a black tunic and pants for himself and pulls them on, then he retrieves his shoes. I pull a casual dress on and look into the mirror, with my hair and makeup still styled for the wedding, this simple dress looks out of place.

Prince, still sitting on the bed, pats the mattress beside him, I walk over and take a seat. He looks serious, "Say a prayer with me," he suggests gently.

"Of course."

He turns towards me and takes my hands in his, "Close your eyes," his whisper is barely audible.

"Heavenly Father, hold us close. We're sad and hopeful, anxious and excited, longingly waiting for the moment of conception. May it be Your will that the life of our child begins soon. Choose the best from us both to form a new soul. Place it ever so gently in her womb where we will nurture and protect this precious gift of life we are about to receive. Amen."

Shivers run through my body as I choke back more tears, "Amen."