Chapter 38: The Visiting

Chapter 38

Destiny's POV

I clutch the flowers in my hands as Niall drive our way to dad. It's been years ever since I visited my dad, its just so painful to see his grave.  Don't get me wrong, I love my dad so much, that I can't accept the fact that... he's gone.

I tensed up, when the car went on a stop. I felt a hand on top of mine as I looked up Niall.

"You'll be fine, I'll be by your side" he said with a reassuring smile. At that moment I smiled back, it seems like this boy beside me can calm me within his touch.

"I-I'm scared,  Niall. It's been years..." I admitted. I'm scared that I might broke down, I don't want that to happen.

"Destiny... he's your dad. I'll be right beside you" he gave my hand a squeeze before getting out of the car and went to my side, helping me to get out.

.

I hugged the flowers in my hand while my other hand is looped with Niall's arm.

We walked for a while until we reached dad's grave, I suddenly felt the urge to cry.

Don't cry. Don't cry.  Be strong. Just calm down. Don't cry. I chant inside my head, but I dont seem to calm down.

I bit my lips to stop myself from crying. I felt Niall's hand on the small of my back as I knelt down facing my dad's grave.

"Hi dad" I finally let out, "I-I miss you, dad. So much. I'm sure Josh and mom does too." I let out a quiet chuckle.  "I'm s-sorry if I haven't visited you for years, dad... its just, it's just so hard for me to see you I-in your grave. I still can't accept that... that you're g-gone" my vision became blurry as tears well up. Niall went by my side and rub circles on my back.

"D-Dad, wherever you are... I hope you're happy. I-I love you, daddy" Niall pulled me to his chest, as I cried.

I pulled away from Niall and wiped my tears with the back of my hand. "Dad, I want you to know that Niall is now my boyfriend.  I just wish you could've at least saw this boy that was once my best friend, is now my boyfriend." I said as I smiled at Niall.

"I kept my promise, Uncle... and always will" Niall suddenly said, and to my surprise he wasn't telling it to me... but to my dad. I rise my eyebrow in confusion as Niall just chuckle and putban arm around my shoulder.

"What promise?"

"Before Uncle... died, he talked to me while you were with your mom and Josh" he started, as I rest my head on his shoulder waiting for him to continue. "He made me promise to protect you and... love you"

I shot my head up and looked at Niall. "He- my dad said what?" I asked

"He knows what I felt about you" he stated as I looked down, with my bright red face.

"Well dad... I'm glad you did that" I whispered,  my lips curling up in a smile.

"This is for you dad" I placed the flower that Niall and I had bought on the way here. "I love you dad, so much... I miss you" I said as I kissed my hand and placed it on his grave.

"Uncle, you don't know how lucky I was with your daughter... she's the best thing that ever happened to me and I promise to you that I will love and protect your daughter and our future children" Niall said the last part with a wink, making me blush.

"What makes you sure that we will have children?" I asked

"I just know... and I have a feeling that our eldest will be a boy"