Stranger Danger

Chapter 4

Bella's POV😇

Believe it or not, but I've never gotten detention or any kind of punishment whatsoever in school because I was always a pretty decent student or like Ace likes to call me "A boring good girl".

I held pride in my reputation. Sadly the hard work I put in my name had been ruined and I sure was set on getting him back, big time.

"That little piece of trash," I muttered under my breath or maybe I uttered it too loud because every pair of eyes was set up on me in curiosity as I entered the class where the detention was held.

The students were scattered all over the room and I decided to sit beside a dude with headphones on who didn't notice my big entrance since he had his head on the desk with his arms sprawled out in front of him.

Quite frankly speaking, I was bored and there was nothing to do. I felt in desperate need of human interaction, I seriously couldn't be silent for real it's like torture. The teacher left fifteen minutes ago and still didn't come back. I was so tempted to leave detention.

But I was in enough trouble today so I did what seemed logical to me; I banged my head on my desk over and over again.

"You seriously need help don't you?" Asked a voice beside me.

I slowly turned in my seat to be faced with the Greek god that I jumped over last night.

To refresh your memory; it's the guy I thought kidnapped Ace.

Yeah that one, he just happen to be the dude who was listening to music in his own world.

Oh, joy.

I quickly regained my composure and innocently said to him in a matter of fact tone, "My mom said not to talk to strangers because you know stranger danger."

People were starting to stare at us probably wondering why a fine piece of cookie-like him was speaking to the likes me.

"Well, sweetheart I'm no stranger. I mean you were jumping all over me yesterday." He said with a smirk.

I heard gasps and automatically knew that there will be rumours running around because of the Jerk in front of me.

I simply glared at him in response hoping that he will get the message and leave me alone, but fate seem to have other plans in mind.

"My name is Derek, I'm actually new."

"And you find yourself in detention how exactly?" I asked with attitude.

"Don't judge a book by its cover." He answered which made the corner of my lips twitch.

"So I saw you were running down the halls with the deadliest look I've ever seen, what's up with that?"

"Oh no big deal, I was hunting down a gorilla," I said nonchalantly.

He gave me a look of disbelief, touched my shoulder, looked me dead in the eyes and said, "there are no gorillas in school, only in zoos."

I huffed loudly annoyed that he thought I was dumb and gave him the pinky finger.

He looked at me baffled by my actions.
"What is that supposed to mean?" He asked trying hard to contain his laughter.

"It means pinky you," I said in a matter of fact tone.

"You mean this." He said giving me the finger of honour.

I scowled at him and vowed, "I'm going to break that finger of yours."

And you know what he did? He laughed way too loudly clutching his stomach, I even saw him tearing up.

The inconsiderate jerk.

I took a deep breath, inhale and exhale.

He's not worth it I repeated to myself and redid the breathing process over and over again until I didn't feel like chopping his head off. I mean as appealing as him being six feet under sounds like, I'm not going to jail for the likes of him.

Not yet.

Smiling sweetly I stared into his green eyes and said, "Welcome and hope you like it here, Drake, Drew?"

"Derek."

"Sorry I don't remember unimportant things, Denise." The annoyance was clear on his face and I couldn't help but smile innocently as I wounded his ego.

"Are you trying to get under my skin?" he asked.

"Is it working?"

"Maybe," he replied shrugging his shoulders.

"Well then maybe I am," I answered back.

"Did anyone ever tell you how crazy, idiotic, childish..."

"Beautiful, gorgeous, adorable amazing and wonderful I am. Yes, yes they did." I complete his sentence while flipping my long brown hair back.

His deep green eyes were looking down at me and I held the gaze not wanting to back down from this staring game. I will never admit defeat especially not towards a stranger.