Togetherness & Hopes

A/n: I have made some minor changes and I'm satisfied with the result now. I would like to dedicate this chapter to @Nsaram for the sweet comments :)
I will start dedicating my chapters for now on.

Comment +Vote
Love you all 🤍
Xoxox
~ CutiesCupcakes

Chapter 41

Bella/ Mariah's POV 😇

Awkward I don't think that word alone will be enough to describe how I feel as I took sips of coffee from the cup I was given while several pairs of eyes were watching my every move. Normally it wouldn't have bothered me, however, since I was drinking coffee I had to control myself from making weird faces. I felt compelled by my watchers to drink it and in all honesty, no amount of sugar could help fix my distaste for coffee.

They were just trying to be nice or maybe they just want me to be dead.

Okay, maybe I was just slightly being dramatic.

Either way, I didn't have the heart to tell them how much I hate it.

So, I simply eyed the deadly drink suspiciously and gulped the cup before giving them a strained smile as the urge to puke out that bitter taste came, but I controlled myself. 

Gosh, I really needed to cough and stick out of my tongue in hopes of getting rid of that horrid taste. I was for a second debating of doing it but I remembered I had to be professional-or as professional as I could be.

I finally put down the mug with shaky hands.

I tried my best to compose myself as I tucked a piece of hair.

I suddenly not being able to control the taste coughed as ladylike as I could.

Which was basically me choking on my saliva with a smile painted on my face.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Ace shudder.

Well, thanks for the love buddy.

"You guys can sit you know," I told the group of people after I was done with my coughing fit.

"Alright," Chirped Jennifer as she practically jumped over a sofa to sit on my right, while Alisha and Numia elegantly sat to my left.

"Hey, I was hoping to sit next to her," Whined Ace as the rest of the group sat on the sofa opposite to me.

"So what did you decide," Tony asked the question that was probably on everyone's mind.

I looked at their eyes that were filled with hope and fear. It has been three days since they showed up to my place unexpectedly after taking in everything I needed time to think in order to make a decision.

My eyes drifted to Maya and there was a pang of hurt. Her betrayal was something I never expected. Yet that was nothing new. In the end, I was always the one hurt. Maya's eyes were red and we could see the guilt on her face. She is also suffering and even though I understood her intention to be supportive to Bianca I couldn't help but wonder if she ever consider me as her friend?